Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    First start was very very slow, but now it works well
    I got it. I removed it and reinstalled the app, all is good except for my preware! I went in, did available updates now all I get are what's on the phone and when I restart preware it still goes through fixing installed apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by wallbounce View Post
    I don't see an inbox in Friendsbook. Can you provide a screen capture or explain how to check?
    That's beause it isn't there. According to the developer, there is no public API for access to the inbox. Palm has special access to them, unless they just released them so Palm could do it, which I doubt. He might be thinking of the notifications that show someone wrote on your wall, etc, which you can see when you click on the number in the right side of the header (if it is not 0).
    Is anyone else experienceing the issues with event times in the facebook App being displayed wrong? My events are listed as occuring three hours later. (I'm in EST). Seems like the time offset that has been occuring with Facebook events when syncing with the Calendar app is also ocuuring in the FB app. I hope they fix this soon.
    I love it! The no notifications isn't bad since we can at least see friends walls and keep up with statuses...and having notifications emailed to the phone works well, too. And I'll wait til they integrate chat into messaging...i finally don't need to check 3 different apps for FB!!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jihoonie View Post
    I downloaded 1.1.0 but can't log-in. I type in my username and password but nothing happens when i click on "Sign-In". I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but it's still not working. Any advice?
    Me too. No suggestions from this forum have helped either.
    One thing I don't like about the new FB app is that it doesn't give you a notifications link like the x.facebook.com site does.

If someone posted comments after my comments on someone else's status, I like to go see what they said.

On the mobile site, it shows me that someone commented and provides me a link directly to those comments.

On the app, I have to go and manually check to see if there were updates.

Hope they incorporate that in the next one.
    Ugh...........why would they make contact syncing default? I've got a massive friends list, mostly from a few games I play, I really didn't want to add 900 some odd people I don't even know. That's a bad move, there.
    Great app, but I won't use it until they add notifications. Seems like an important feature to leave out.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Frankly, I think the new 1.1 update is only marginally better than the previous version, and the "bookmark" app that comes loaded on the Pre is pretty useless too!

The best way I've found to see FB exactly as it appears on your computer is to go to the web and type in facebook. com in the search box (no spaces -- had to insert it because PreCentral won't let me post a link yet), login in with your username and password info, then when your newsfeed comes up, bookmark that page. If you turn the phone sideways and use the pinch/pull feature to zoom in, it is very easy to navigate and see every single thing that is hitting your news feed exactly as you would see it if you were on your computer. The mobile versions leave too much out.

Just my 2 cents...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that you can't view photos of a person that were tagged by others?

The lack of notifications is a bummer but not unsolvable. I'll just keep FriendsFlow for the notes but check them through this much cleaner and snappier app.
    I was successful in downloading the app from the app page (1.1), and it installed ok. But, when it comes to taking my login info, it seems to just sit there after you hit "login". Nothing happens- no login. I have a good signal, and the phone/app is not locked or frozen, it just won't do anything (aka login!)

Others are having this same problem, I see, and I too am a garden variety 1.4 user with only approved apps on the phone. Removed it twice, same results. Any ideas from anyone who has beat the devil?

Summary: installs fine (or so it seems) but will not login. In fact, when I put in the wrong password it told me login failed. So, something is working, something isn't. Is it syncing before a screen comes up?

Thanks in advance.
    I love the update.

I hate to say it though, this is how it should have been for 1.0.0
    Lovely. Especially this "Shake for update". What a nice idea. 10 points for this :-)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylork View Post
    I was successful in downloading the app from the app page (1.1), and it installed ok. But, when it comes to taking my login info, it seems to just sit there after you hit "login". Nothing happens- no login. I have a good signal, and the phone/app is not locked or frozen, it just won't do anything (aka login!)

Others are having this same problem, I see, and I too am a garden variety 1.4 user with only approved apps on the phone. Removed it twice, same results. Any ideas from anyone who has beat the devil?

Summary: installs fine (or so it seems) but will not login. In fact, when I put in the wrong password it told me login failed. So, something is working, something isn't. Is it syncing before a screen comes up?

Thanks in advance.
    Same issue, no resolutions.
    Looks good, much better than the last, but not including notifications is ... I'll be nice ... puzzling. Why not put a nice red number in the corner like the web app does?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Is there a way to set a picture in your facebook profile as your wallpaper? I go to my pictures and that option is greyed out.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Looks good, much better than the last, but not including notifications is ... I'll be nice ... puzzling. Why not put a nice red number in the corner like the web app does?
    whew, thought it was just me or I was stupid and missing it. Definitely a deal breaker, I won't use it anymore..
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    anyone know what the 1.1.1 patch changes?
    you got the update announcement too? could you download it? mine goes to the old app with no update
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast