Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Is there maybe a patch, when installed, that interferes with this installation? I don't know why the hell it isn't working.
    I got the up dated 1.1 version and it will not let me sign in. any suggestions? i can post picks on facebook but it will not let me sign in the the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    try installing the old version from the catalog. then click on the shopping bag in the app catalog front pag and find the facebook app, you should see an update for it
    I did. Same deal. Won't install. Downloads, then fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    try installing the old version from the catalog. then click on the shopping bag in the app catalog front pag and find the facebook app, you should see an update for it
    I did this and still did not work. I have no patches on my phone.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    The best way I found was to go to the update app and from there update your face book app. Going through the app store, I wasn't able to find it.
    Mine gets to "installing" and doesn't do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    The best way I found was to go to the update app and from there update your face book app. Going through the app store, I wasn't able to find it.
    I did this and it will still not let me sign in. i have done restarts and still nothing.
    I've updated through the update app, says it installed, but it didn't.

Updated through App Catalog, gets stuck at "installing."

What's the reason for the app not showing up in App Catalog? Seems off because all updated apps show up in the recent apps area.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    What I did was first uninstalled it and then reinstalled it... From there I updated as mentioned earlier.... Good Luck...!
    After updating via update app, I clicked Facebook within the screen after it said installed. Launched from there.

Swiped it and checked the version and it was 1.1
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    After updating via update app, I clicked Facebook within the screen after it said installed. Launched from there.

Swiped it and checked the version and it was 1.1
    Glad it worked..... I would recommend anyone else having trouble to try it this way too...
    Ugh, it's syncing my contacts.

I will have to remove the account from contacts once it is complete. I really don't see the benefit of having these people in my contacts, lol.
    They have to polish the transitions, and the scrolling stops working when you click "Show #" in the picture comments view. For me at least.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am getting the install failure as well. I tried deleting the app, rebooting, and installing from the catalog, I get "Install failed: Facebook for Palm" every time. Dunno what else to try; can't update from the Updates app since it fails to install.

Just for giggles and to make sure it wasn't universal, I downloaded and installed a couple other freebie apps from the catalog which worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    Glad it worked..... I would recommend anyone else having trouble to try it this way too...
    did everything you said to do in your post and no luck. I get to where you sign in and click on sign in and it acts like it going to and the sign in button is back.
  17. nak
    if your update stalls at "installing" while in the app catalog, close the app catalog and relaunch it then try updating facebook again. This resolved my stalling issues.
    "Removing Facebook Contacts Account"
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Great update. But I wish the standard Palm photo app gave the option to include caption in Facebook photo uploads.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    "Removing Facebook Contacts Account"
    I actually deleted the old version just yesterday, and also removed the Contacts account. I just went back and installed the old version, then updated to the new version, and when I went to remove the Contacts account that I assumed it would put back there, there was none.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast