View Poll Results: Are you having any new email problems with the 1.4 update?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, everything is working fine

69 46.00%
  • Yes (Sprint), I have lost all my emails and accounts

32 21.33%
  • Yes (Verizon), I have lost all my emails and accounts

4 2.67%
  • Yes (other), I have lost all my emails and accounts

0 0%
  • Yes, email isn't syncing every XX mins like is used to

13 8.67%
  • Yes, I am having some other problem...

36 24.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My wife (Pixi), a friend (Pre) and I (Pre) are having email problems since we upgraded to 1.4.

These are Sprint phones.

On all 3, all the emails and the accounts have disappeared. We are unable to add the accounts back (screen get stuck on "signing on" screen when you try to add an account).

This is affecting our gmail, exchange server and pop server accounts.

Is anyone else having a problem?
    nope 1.4 fix my error not able to access gmail, and unable to sign in issues completely
    Yesterday, I wasn't getting blink notifications and/or e-mail notification. Today it seems fine though.
    I'm having the exact same problem. Just started today. Did you update or install any new patches? I installed "Reboot Schedular" a while ago...and since then I've had a few quirks, but nothing I couldn't recover from. Hope someone has an answer soon.
  5.    #5  
    When it rains, it pours...

I ended up taking my phone to the local repair store. They ordered a replacement that came in today.

I went to the repair store to swap phones. They tried to activate the replacement at the store, but it wouldn't boot. Now he has to order a new one, but he doesn't expect that one till Monday.

I said OK, but inside I am going @#!@$#$%!...

I then told him I really need a working phone, can you re-activate my old Centro so I have a phone till Monday.

He said he couldn't. If he did, it would cancel the new order to replace my non-working Pre. He said I should wait till late on Friday to activate my Centro to be safe.

Is this true? Has anyone had something like this happen? What good is having a backup phone if you can't activate it when you need it?
    My father in law is having the issue where you load the email app and it's just a blank screen and no accounts are added. If you try and add one it just sits there and spins.
    Yes after upgrading to 1.4 on Pre Plus with VZW I get frequent failed to send messages. Yet when I confirm with the recipient, about half the time, they did get the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    My wife (Pixi), a friend (Pre) and I (Pre) are having email problems since we upgraded to 1.4.

These are Sprint phones.

On all 3, all the emails and the accounts have disappeared. We are unable to add the accounts back (screen get stuck on "signing on" screen when you try to add an account).

This is affecting our gmail, exchange server and pop server accounts.

Is anyone else having a problem?
    Yes, after a day of email working nicely with WebOS 1.4 (on my Sprint Pre), I am now experiencing exactly this problem -- my accounts have disappeared/gone missing and I cannot re-add them. One of my accounts was Gmail, and the other was a custom University account, so I do not believe the problem is localized to any particular IMAP server/type.

The only reason I bought this phone was for quick email access, and this update has rendered it worthless. I am absolutely sick of Palm introducing new bugs with *every* update of WebOS (which we HAVE to install to fix the PREVIOUS bugs)! I am a long-term Palm user (5+ years), but I will never buy another Palm phone again.
    I awoke two days in a row to having no email and no folders. The first day tech support walked me through a back up and deletion of files and I was able to setup my email accounts and go from scratch. They seemed not to know what caused the problem. Called support for the same problem the second day and repeated the process. This time the tech said his supervisor told him that Palm knew what the problem was and the problem was fixed. "You won't be bothered by this problem again," he told me. I'm hoping he's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMatrix View Post
    My father in law is having the issue where you load the email app and it's just a blank screen and no accounts are added. If you try and add one it just sits there and spins.
    my sis-in-law is having the same problem with her brand new pre on vzw when attempting to set up a gmail account. she set up the credentials and then it was "signing in" for up to 20 minutes. she then restarted the app multiple times and restarted the phone multiple times and now can't even get into the mail app to delete the account and start over.

anyone else with the WSOD when setting up a new email account?

my wife and i have the pre on sprint and no email problems.
    I have doctored three times and restored email each time. But I lose it again when I try to load any patches, Preware, or Package Manager Service. There don't seem to be many of us with this problem, but nobody seems to have the solution either.
    Okay, THREE days in a row. This after yesterday the tech rep assured me that the problem was fixed. I chatted with tech support again today. He recommended I use webos Doctor and sent me a link. He was unsure (or evasive) if the problem in 1.4 had been fixed. I asked if I should download 1.4 again and he only again recommended the Doctor.

I agree, Sweet Casey, nobody at Palm has a clue what to do.
    "As items arrive" isn't working for me. It seems that the x-minute interval retrievals do work.

It used to work in 1.3.5.1. I might remove my email accounts (Yahoo & Gmail) and add them again to see if that helps.

Also, at random intervals, my Pre thinks that I've added another email account. When I open the email app, I get the email screen that wants me to add another email account or Click Done. This happens randomly.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 03/05/2010 at 02:41 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    no problems whatsoever, seems faster since 1.4
    Still no luck adding anything from WebOSQI. Tonight I tried to add filecoaster, DEV mode launcher, and a couple other homebrew apps. Now my email is gone again. It is like Palm is watching me and svrewing with me anytime I add anything not officially offered by them. Why do a few of us have this problem? Why does no one have an answer for it?
    I had this problem when I woke up today. After some searching I found a suggestion to do a partial erase and that did the trick. Inconvenient, but it worked.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Was working fine until today, this afternoon = no email at all, just blank screen. Tried pulling battery, to no avail. Will try partial erase (thanks for tip SoyleMycelf). Frustrating...
    Hi. I've been experiencing this issue since Friday.

I had installed Preware the night before with WebOS Quick Install. Then through Preware, i installed a couple homebrew games (Dopewars and Doom) and still had email before going to bed. The next day, I woke up went to work and while on my break, I installed a couple patches (Enable Add/Delete Pages, Launch Camera When Unlocked In Landscape, Capture With Volume Keys, Video Camera Flashlight, Confirm Delete), Quake and Battery Monitor.
    *All listed programs/patches are in order of installation

It was sometime after the multiple restarts that I noticed that I had a problem with my email on my phone. Just as the OP, both email accounts (one university account and one hotmail) were gone along with all my email folders. I've attempted to add them back a thousand times to no avail.

I've since removed most all patches and programs added from preware as well as preware (with the exceptions of GNU Patch, lsdiff, and Enable Add/Delete Pages). This includes the service apps: systoolsmgr service, upstart manager service, and package manager service.

This hasn't resolved the issues. I have not doctored the phone yet. Hoping to see if anyone has anything else to suggest before going that far, especially after the issues prematurecentraluser was having.

Hoping to get this resolved .

-Zac

edit: I was in the process of removing several of the mentioned patches as I was typing this. since then, I continue to have the same problem however my phone is not as glitchy as it was before. previously I had been having some issues with the phone seeming to be sluggish and less responsive than before the 1.4 update. seems to point to some incompatibility between 1.4 and homebrew.
    Last edited by xession; 03/07/2010 at 11:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    i had a minor issue with my EAS account after the upgrade to 1.4 i had to go into mail account settings then save my password again. after i did this, i had no other problems.
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
    I had the exact same blank e-mail issue after a day with 1.4. Decided to go back to 1.3.5.1 until palm released an update to 1.4. There's little point for me to have this phone and not be able to get e-mail on it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast