Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Hi,

I do not know if this will be a duplicate post that someone may have already ask but I have not found the post.

But i always have my phone on vibrate and since 1.4 when i get a text it only vibrates for about 1 sec or less. I have gone into the settings and change it but nothing. Is this a bug i did notice that when someone sends a SMMS it vibrates like it used to.

ANy help would be great.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Yeah, I have the same problem- and it's ANNOYING! If I have it in my holster and it vibrates really quickly, I sometimes miss incoming texts.. It'd be nice if you could set the vibrate duration to short-medium-long.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Super annoying
    They have patches for longer vibrates. 1 sec, 1.5 sec and 2 sec. Does that work for text msgs??
    anyone else notice that when silent and headphones plugged in (no music playing) when a text comes in you now get a low but audible sound in the headphones? i like it. But yeah 1.5sec vibrate works well.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    this sucks bawls.....i need that feature back
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
    anyone else notice that when silent and headphones plugged in (no music playing) when a text comes in you now get a low but audible sound in the headphones? i like it. But yeah 1.5sec vibrate works well.
    I have and it sucks just as much as the shortened vibrate. If my phone is on silent I shouldt get the audible noise even via my headphones! it should just vibrate like before unless its not on silent then it makes sense!

I bet they shortened the vibrate function to help with battery life....

If the patch for duration change works for texts then id be happier, still dont want the sound thru my headphones when my phone is on silent!
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    I know that the battery on these kinds of phones does not last but still they should of given us the option. THey should of done something similar to the WiFi where it explains that having a shorter alert will conserve battery power.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    BTW guys/girls, there IS a patch available to extend the vibration time for SMS messages.. They have several- 1 second, 1.5 seconds, and 2 seconds.. I have the 1.5 second one on my phone and it works great.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    BTW guys/girls, there IS a patch available to extend the vibration time for SMS messages.. They have several- 1 second, 1.5 seconds, and 2 seconds.. I have the 1.5 second one on my phone and it works great.
    I wanted to give this patch a try but based on the thread it was buggy at one point.. has that now been resolved?

link to patch thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...extension.html
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    I understand waht you are saying but i dont want to root m phone.