Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 144
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    here are my results from the patch being applied

    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 597.68

    and
    600000 233968
    550000 2674
    500000 1969
    250000 0
    125000 0

    so far lag is gone, still some here and there, which is expected, but things are running smoother. Also since I started I've tested my internet connection and been noticing my internet cnnection has been faster probably not related but still worth mentioning
    procesor speed can definately help download speeds. Your phone has to procesos and creat all those packets. And rendering web pages will definately be faster. So yeah faster procesor = faster download speeds and web browsing. Once the procesors get real fast then it wont make a difference anymore *looks at cortexA9 and drools*.
  2. #102  
    I am wondering to see if I installed this correctly here are my Time in State
    600000 9100
    550000 1580
    500000 64416
    250000 500
    125000 3711

    Don't notice much of a difference. I fthis is not correct can some one please tell me a step by step please.

    Thanks in advance.
  3. #103  
    ...somehow, my wosqi doesn't recognise my pre anymore... the pc can handle it as an usb-drive, but wosqi won't, usb-drive or not, dev-mode or not... can't go on, don't know if the codes are applied or not. =(

    anyway, i hope webos 2.0 brings gpu to the menus... =O
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Day Pré Tomorrow View Post
    ...somehow, my wosqi doesn't recognise my pre anymore... the pc can handle it as an usb-drive, but wosqi won't, usb-drive or not, dev-mode or not... can't go on, don't know if the codes are applied or not. =(

    anyway, i hope webos 2.0 brings gpu to the menus... =O
    try Re-installing your Novacom my pre had the same problem re-installed and boom all good. go to File click, then go to Options click then click on Attempt Novacom (re)installation. see if that works
  5. #105  
    thanks! =) it worked twice, but only for short. i think the code's applied, but i'm not sure about every line, since it stopped recognizing the phone again.
    strangely, when working with wosqi, my phone sometimes disconnects from the carrier and then wants me to enter the pin again.
    just tested my pre a bit, seemed to work smoother and faster, but froze while taking a video. I could end recording, though, but it won't play any video now, not even the preinstalled one.

    /edit: after rebooting, everything works fine again, though the code is no longer applied. will that happen on every reboot?
    Last edited by The Day Pré Tomorrow; 03/10/2010 at 03:42 AM. Reason: forgot to thank... ;)
  6.    #106  
    just an update for everyone, the cpu scaling app that i am working on works and i am in the process of polishing it up and packaging it for WOSQI installation and removals.

    i will post links to the apps once i am comfortable releasing it. It will be free so dont worry.

    if anyone knows how to package services for WOSQI, let me know.

    number1pete
  7. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    just an update for everyone, the cpu scaling app that i am working on works and i am in the process of polishing it up and packaging it for WOSQI installation and removals.

    i will post links to the apps once i am comfortable releasing it. It will be free so dont worry.

    if anyone knows how to package services for WOSQI, let me know.

    number1pete
    Pete, I haven't done much developing in WebOS yet, but if you need any help with linux backend/scripting stuff, I've got a fair amount of experience there. Shoot me a PM if you need anything.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Pete, I haven't done much developing in WebOS yet, but if you need any help with linux backend/scripting stuff, I've got a fair amount of experience there. Shoot me a PM if you need anything.
    k, thanks, hopefully jason from WOSQI or Rod from webos internals will answer my packaging question. That is the last step. Technically you can install and run the app now but you would have to do it via command line. I am trying to make it nice and neat by getting WOSQI to install it.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    k, thanks, hopefully jason from WOSQI or Rod from webos internals will answer my packaging question. That is the last step. Technically you can install and run the app now but you would have to do it via command line. I am trying to make it nice and neat by getting WOSQI to install it.
    Could you post that command, pleaseeee?
  10.    #110  
    im just going to release it when its ready....i still want to pretty up the mojo app and the java service is still ugly. Plus im having webos internals brief over the service to make sure there are no security hole. The good news is that its working great.
  11. #111  
    Just wondering if your able to post it ,what kind of scaling are we looking at with your patch a 500-600 patch or higher?
  12. #112  
    i tried making a text file w/o a file extension designed to set the clock to be at 550 but to no avail
  13. #113  
    ahhhh im a unix user, really should have realized scripts have to be .sh'es... thanks caj
  14. #114  
    When will the patch for the 600 CPU Scaling be coming out? I don't quite understand how to type in the codes.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    When will the patch for the 600 CPU Scaling be coming out? I don't quite understand how to type in the codes.
    i have some easy directions if you like and i have the 600 luna patch
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    I am wondering to see if I installed this correctly here are my Time in State
    600000 9100
    550000 1580
    500000 64416
    250000 500
    125000 3711

    Don't notice much of a difference. I fthis is not correct can some one please tell me a step by step please.

    Thanks in advance.
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 7886678
    550000 1525
    500000 1356
    250000 0
    125000 0
    root@palm-webos-device:

    this is what it should look like with the patch !
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    not making a patch. Instead im almost done creating a homebrew app for this!

    Give me some more time....RL has been cracking down on me.....but im 90% done and its a sweet little app.
    Pete, what would this app do exactly?
  18.    #118  
    the app in its current version is just an app that turns on and off cpu scaling.

    "on" sets cpu scaling exactly like the OP

    "off" puts it to the default userspace governor with 500mhz speed.

    that it. I do plan on coming out with new versions with more capabilities but the hardest part was building the service that can change values in the kernel. Now that im over that hurdle i can concentrate on the app itself.

    as soon as webos internals gives it the okay...it will be available on the feeds....just gimme a few days.
  19. #119  
    so we should be able to run this and close the card and have it run in the background or will the card need to stay open?
  20. psvillars's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #120  
    this is still not working for me it still freezes up, anybody else having this problem?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions