1.    #1  
    is Palm working on their facebook app at all? it clearly is not good and has stayed in version 1.0.0 since forever
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    HOPEFULLY! the app is lame, and everyone on here is just going to tell you how much they like the actual website
    There have been a lot of rumors of a new facebook app including a screenshot on a palm pre ad. However, I can't find anything on it right now online. I am pretty sure there is a screenshot of it somewhere though!
    Love my Pre!!!!! Psn: tj501
    I just got the Facebook 1.1.0 update! It looks the same as the Pixi ad in the picture! CHECK for updates people!! I'm on Bell btw running 1.3.5.1 (still)
    downloaded it its much better than the old on only thing its missing is chat it didn't show up in recent in app catalog but i clicked the shopping bag in the corner and it showed it had an update
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    1.1.0 is much better and faster. Still no FB Notifications & Chat, but all the other features work quick & easily. I'm sure more updates are to follow (soon pls?).
    I'm a daily and veteran user of FB with over 400 friends and I still don't know what you guys mean when you talk about notifications. Can someone tell me?
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinPaul View Post
    I'm a daily and veteran user of FB with over 400 friends and I still don't know what you guys mean when you talk about notifications. Can someone tell me?
    seriously?

you know, the things that notify you of wall posts, comments, and the like
    This signature for rent
    I cant get it to work i have 1.1 and on the sign on screen it will not let me sign on. I can put photos on facebook but i cant sign on to the app. any help would be great.
    been trying for an hour to download and it keeps giving me errors..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    been trying for an hour to download and it keeps giving me errors..
    i got it to download i just cant sign in.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    seriously?

you know, the things that notify you of wall posts, comments, and the like
    Yes seriously.

So that was my obvious thought. I get notifications perfectly fine via my gmail account that is linked to my FB account. That's why I don't get the constant 'notifications' comments. Whatever notifications I have ever received to comments left on my wall, my posts, or any posts I have commented on or "liked". Are there some other notifications I am missing?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yes seriously.

So that was my obvious thought. I get notifications perfectly fine via my gmail account that is linked to my FB account. That's why I don't get the constant 'notifications' comments. Whatever notifications I have ever received to comments left on my wall, my posts, or any posts I have commented on or "liked". Are there some other notifications I am missing?
    Some people don't want to use email. I prefer it as it's not draining extra battery but I understand the con of it spamming your inbox. I'd just like chat really (and as part of the app instead of having to run that constantly too).
    Yes seriously.

I'm not talking about the emails, maybe this picture will help

the new facebook layout handles them a little differently, but you get the idea
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    Some people don't want to use email. I prefer it as it's not draining extra battery but I understand the con of it spamming your inbox. I'd just like chat really (and as part of the app instead of having to run that constantly too).
    I use Gmail and set up a separate box for Facebook. All notifications skip my inbox and go straight to that folder. It works out very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    I'm not talking about the emails, maybe this picture will help

the new facebook layout handles them a little differently, but you get the idea
    Aye- I see now. I usually quickly open them just to clear them and prefer the email notification so I see them one at a time and click on the ones that interest me, then delete some of the silly stuff that shows up.
  18.    #18  
    ya, i love the new facebook app. i would love to see chat, but i'm content with the app now.

to me, notifications means getting an alert on your phone (same with a text, email, etc) and opening the facebook app. i guess this would be very annoying to someone who has a lot of activity and gets notifications from every post they comment on (i did this just the other night, had a huge conversation on someone's status, and my email got hit with 100 emails from facebook so that would be extremely annoying and quickly drain the battery)