Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I've not been able to find anything definitive regarding what the double-blink vs. the long blink are supposed to indicate and I've not been able to find any pattern for type of blink to notification type.

Just curious if anyone really knows... besides Palm (and who knows if they really know or not).

Also, I was curious if there is anyone who NEVER previously install the LED patch and if they have both types of blinks after updating to 1.4 or if the 2 types of blinks are only being experienced by those of us that previously used the LED patch (and I did turn the blink notifications off prior to removing the LED patch before I updated to 1.4).

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Two blinks seems to be email, that is the only pattern I have seen so far.

I used to have blink notifications, but never re-enabled it after a previous trip to the dr...
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    Also, I was curious if there is anyone who NEVER previously install the LED patch and if they have both types of blinks after updating to 1.4 or if the 2 types of blinks are only being experienced by those of us that previously used the LED patch (and I did turn the blink notifications off prior to removing the LED patch before I updated to 1.4).

Thanks.
    Can such a mythical creature really exist?!? Oh the shock of knowing a being out there that doesn't have LED Notifications.
    Neither my wife nor I have ever had any patches installed. I noticed her phone doing the double blink once. On mine I've only seen the longer single pulse. Haven't correlated to type of notification, and I haven't had many ignored notifications since updating.

Regards,
    Tom
    The double blink is for email while that longer pulse is for messages.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Is it listed out anywhere in some official Palm spec? I haven't seen anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    The double blink is for email while that longer pulse is for messages.
    I get double blink for messages and missed calls. I've also run into the long single blink but don't remember which it was for? checking my email alert now.....

My email notifications cause the double-blink. Not sure if there is any pattern. I used the patch for blink notifications in 1.3.5.1 but I turned it off and removed the patch completely prior to installing 1.4.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 03/03/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I've seen both on my phone so far - on 1.4

Was beginning to think it may have something to do with the app being open vs closed...
    from what have been able to conjure up the long single blink is for missed calls but only appears after a few minutes. The double blink is for every other notification
    I hope HBZ jumps on this one for us with an answer. Even the Palm Forums don't have answers for the differences. Seems like there is some strange settings involved, because if you get mixed notifications (email + txt message) you get fast blinks.

Update: just got an email = double blink
    Yea, there's gotta be a problem if we're all getting mixed results...

I'm getting double blink for email. I personally hate it! I want double blink for missed calls and messages.
    i forgot to turn off notifications before the update and everything seems normal here. the blink pattern doesnt bother me, im sure the patterns and pulses have value when u get used to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    from what have been able to conjure up the long single blink is for missed calls but only appears after a few minutes. The double blink is for every other notification
    I get the double-blink for missed calls.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by briangriffin909 View Post
    i forgot to turn off notifications before the update and everything seems normal here. the blink pattern doesnt bother me, im sure the patterns and pulses have value when u get used to them.
    Yeah, I have no problem with them... I just want to know the difference... it has now become my day's quest to decipher them... just don't tell my boss.
    I've gotten the double blinks ONLY when Im already in the messaging app with a thread open and someone completely different texts me...
    does it really matter, you look at the phone if it blinks you have a message.. Then you check them.. You don't stand there perplexed and affraid to pick up your phone, because your not sure if it's an email or text or missed call.. You all are a bunch of wierdos
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    does it really matter, you look at the phone if it blinks you have a message.. Then you check them.. You don't stand there perplexed and affraid to pick up your phone, because your not sure if it's an email or text or missed call.. You all are a bunch of wierdos
    haha

true, but I was merely answering the question.

But, I definitely agree.., your Pre is obviously not broken, regardless of the blinking patterns
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Perhaps... but I'm at work and I'm bored. If you don't care, read another post. And.. they aren't consistent. I just got an email and no notification that one came in (this seems to happen quite a bit).
    I get a double blink on missed calls and text messages and the long single blink on e-mails.
    My led notifications are not working to well after 1.4. I wish I could remove the official one and stick with the patch from preware, I never had one issue with it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast