Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    Guys, this is not about the pattern sorry, but do you all have a blinking notification for missed calls? I'm on a O2 GSM Pre, and I only get blinking notifications for messages and emails, NOT for missed calls. Is this a bug?
    There does seem to be a bug, check to see if you get blink notifications for missed calls if there are two consecutive missed calls, this is what seems to trigger it for that application.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    First I want to say that this is the way the blink notifications are supposed to work. If you are exhibiting a different behavior than it could be a bug.

1. When on the touchstone you will get a long slow pulse pattern.

2. When not on the touchstone (even if plugged into the computer or AC) you will get a short double blink pattern.
    Thanks HBZ. It seemed like since 1.4, I was only seeing double blinks. I never look at my notifications when my phone is on a touchstone but since it's on the touchstone now, I looked and it was indeed using the long slow pulse pattern.

I never would have guessed that was the pattern, nor do I have any idea why the blink notification is different based on whether the phone is on a touchstone or not.

Any ideas what the rationale is for having a different notification pattern for on and off the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    As a former Blackberry user, I could not disagree more. I'd prefer to not need to turn the phone on to see if I have a message waiting.

Of course, the best is to give more notification options.

Spam? Tell me more of this spam of which you speak? I get 1-2 a month, if that..
    Spam = TigerDirect, Newegg, Ecost, Ebay, Palm, Sprint, PreCentral, and a dozen other forums I frequent. Basically, anything that's not from an individual that I know on a personal level = spam to me.

I get a dozen emails an hour... why would I want a double blink for something soo... NOT urgent??

You're correct in that more options are obviously necessary. But I obviously don't want my phone double blinking all day long. That's about as ridiculous as you can get.

Like I said... I'd prefer no blinks for email at all if it can't be the slow pulse. I'm completely fine with double blink for missed calls and messages, which more than likely DO require urgent attention. Who wouldn't want double blinks for missed calls and texts??
    There does seem to be a bug, check to see if you get blink notifications for missed calls if there are two consecutive missed calls, this is what seems to trigger it for that application.
    Thank you very much, you are right, the blinking starts after two missed calls. One missed call is ignored. So, I already filed a "feature request", bug report to Palm, I hope they know about it now.
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    First I want to say that this is the way the blink notifications are supposed to work. If you are exhibiting a different behavior than it could be a bug.

1. When on the touchstone you will get a long slow pulse pattern.

2. When not on the touchstone (even if plugged into the computer or AC) you will get a short double blink pattern.
    HBZ -

Are you sure that this is correct? Because this really doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. Why should the blink pattern matter based on whether or not the phone is on the Touchstone? That almost sounds ridiculous. Obviously, it would make more sense to have differing blink patterns based on type of alert.

No knock against you. I'm certain that you are just relaying information. Is it possible that whomever you got this information from was just being dismissive and that this information is just meant to appease the request?
    What I've noticed is that I'll get the long-slow blink for a txt and/or email, AT FIRST, then I'll get the double-short blinks until I turn on, unlock, and look at the message.

From what I've seen, this seems to be consistent for any notification type (dunno about missed calls, though).
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post

Like I said... I'd prefer no blinks for email at all if it can't be the slow pulse. I'm completely fine with double blink for missed calls and messages, which more than likely DO require urgent attention. Who wouldn't want double blinks for missed calls and texts??
    I'm pretty sure there is a patch available for that

* I think I just saw it in PreWare
    I have email set to not alert me and I have just realised I don't get blinking LED for emails. I still get the message in the notification area though. This is the exact behaviour that suits me best.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I've looked at this a little more closely over the last several days. While I will say that I have found that the majority of email notifications result in a double-blink and an mojority of text notifications result in a long slow blink, there are still occassions where I get the reverse result for each.

I can't imagine that what HBZ stated earlier (that the blink is a result of whether or not the phone is on the Touchstone) is accurate. Again, not questioning HBZ. I'm sure that he was only passing on information given to him and I appreciate him trying to get an official answer. But, that simply doesn't make sense. Why would they change the blink alerts based on how the phone was charging? Not like we need to know that the phone is on the Touchstone by what type of blink it has.

I'm still amazed that there is no official documentation anywhere (at least not that I'm aware of) that states how this blinking is supposed to work. Boggles the mind that Palm hasn't documented it somewhere.

Of course, this isn't something important but it sure would be nice to know once and for all.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123