Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Where does it blink on the phone, I am not seeing it at all
    I actually just noticed that my phone was going the double blink, before it seemed to be giving me the single long one. I didn't really care, but I suppose it would be nice if there were some meaningful difference between the Two.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    There is no rhyme or reason t which blink happens, I have seen the both for email only, for email and notifications, etc. I think it just depends on the mood the phone is in on which blink notification it decides to use.
    Here is what I have seen:

Screen off - email comes in - one long blink.
    Press power, but do not unlock screen - screen goes off - two short blinks.

Screen on - email comes in - screen goes off - two short blinks.

Same is true for incoming text messages.

So the double blink is like a second reminder of a notification that you may have already seen, but not handled.

At least that is what is happening on my Pre and I have been able to reproduce this predictably.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    My led notifications are not working to well after 1.4. I wish I could remove the official one and stick with the patch from preware, I never had one issue with it.
    Um, the patch from preware is the official one. They are one in the same.

All the patch did was uncomment the code that enabled the UI setting. IIRC, the code has been there since 1.2.

The behavior of the blink has apparently changed between 1.3.5.1 and 1.4 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Here is what I have seen:

Screen off - email comes in - one long blink.

Screen on - email comes in - screen goes off - two short blinks.

Same is true for incoming text messages.

So the double blink is like a second reminder of a notification that you may have already seen, but not handled.

At least that is what is happening on my Pre and I have been able to reproduce this predictably.
    Not the same for me...

Screen off - email comes in - 2 short blinks

Same for text msgs, and a mix of both. hmmm...

Same for missed calls.

EDIT: 4 hours later and just got a text from the same person... one(1) long blink this time. [[pulling hair out now]] haha

And for the complainers... we this isnt bothering us... we are just playing with it to see if we can figure it out.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/03/2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    does it really matter, you look at the phone if it blinks you have a message.. Then you check them.. You don't stand there perplexed and affraid to pick up your phone, because your not sure if it's an email or text or missed call.. You all are a bunch of wierdos
    There always has to be that one guy in every thread doesn't there? **sigh**

I guess you've never just been curious about something even though that "something" doesn't really have any real bearing on your life. Good for you.

Fortunately, there are a lot more of us inquisitive types out there that like to know the "how" and the "why" of things. You go let the world pass you by never asking why. Good luck with that.

Back on topic.... looks like the consensus is there still isn't a consensus.
    Yeah.. I'm not sure now.... all day text messages were blinking fast twice... and now I get one that is the long slow blink. Sometimes I think the programmers just get bored and think it would be funny to screw with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I hope HBZ jumps on this one for us with an answer. Even the Palm Forums don't have answers for the differences. Seems like there is some strange settings involved, because if you get mixed notifications (email + txt message) you get fast blinks.

Update: just got an email = double blink
    I am trying to get a definite answer on which apps use which blinks and to get answers no what to expect. I'll update the thread once I have some information.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    when i get an email it goes 'you've got mail' and then when i get a msg it goes 'uh oh' ...

0.o

the blink seems like one long blink for emails and short blinks for system alerts. thats for me anyway/
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    the blink seems like one long blink for emails and short blinks for system alerts. thats for me anyway/
    Yes for some... but it is different for others. Like I posted earlier, all day my emails and texts were giving 2 short blinks... no matter if they came in signally, multiples, or mixed. Then tonight, a text from the same person came in and it was one long blink. LOL You'd think they would set it up for simply blinks (1= email, 2=text, 3=voicemail... or something like that).
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I am trying to get a definite answer on which apps use which blinks and to get answers no what to expect. I'll update the thread once I have some information.
    Thanks HBZ... I knew you'd come through. It will be interesting to see what you find out... especially since there is rhyme or reason to them so far (they change back and forth all the time).
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Any word yet, HBZ?
    First I want to say that this is the way the blink notifications are supposed to work. If you are exhibiting a different behavior than it could be a bug.

1. When on the touchstone you will get a long slow pulse pattern.

2. When not on the touchstone (even if plugged into the computer or AC) you will get a short double blink pattern.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Well... double blinks for emails are ridiculous.

Phone features (missed calls & text messages) are ok for double blinkage. But I'd prefer NO notification at all than my phone double blinking all day long from some forum posting, spam, and what have you.

Just sayin'...
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    First I want to say that this is the way the blink notifications are supposed to work. If you are exhibiting a different behavior than it could be a bug.

1. When on the touchstone you will get a long slow pulse pattern.

2. When not on the touchstone (even if plugged into the computer or AC) you will get a short double blink pattern.
    I'm definitely getting double-blinks for emails. However, for text messages it has been mostly one long blink. But there have been times when I have gotten the reverse for each.
    today at lunch i was in my husband's car, and did not have my phone plugged into the charger. i received a text message, and it gave me the long, slow blink.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Well... double blinks for emails are ridiculous.

Phone features (missed calls & text messages) are ok for double blinkage. But I'd prefer NO notification at all than my phone double blinking all day long from some forum posting, spam, and what have you.

Just sayin'...
    As a former Blackberry user, I could not disagree more. I'd prefer to not need to turn the phone on to see if I have a message waiting.

Of course, the best is to give more notification options.

Spam? Tell me more of this spam of which you speak? I get 1-2 a month, if that..
    Guys, this is not about the pattern sorry, but do you all have a blinking notification for missed calls? I'm on a O2 GSM Pre, and I only get blinking notifications for messages and emails, NOT for missed calls. Is this a bug?
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  20. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I've gotten both at random times. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.

Has anyone else noticed that the light seems to be fainter now?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast