Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Syntactix is pleased to announce that its visual voicemail app YouView can now work with Google Voice. For instructions on how to setup YouView for use with Google Voice, check HERE.

In app instructions will be provided in the next release update.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Finally. Thanks.
    Is there a free version of the Youview App scheduled to be released? I only need basic funcitonality
    Does youview show google voice transcriptions?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Is there a free version of the Youview App scheduled to be released? I only need basic funcitonality

There is always m.youmail.com - not as nice as the native app here, but useable.

Is this an official YouMail client?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    There is always m.youmail.com - not as nice as the native app here, but useable.

Is this an official YouMail client?
    YouView is officiall endorsed by YouMail if that is what you are asking. However Syntactix and YouMail are completely separate companies and not related in any way.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Is there any chance you'll release a free trial version of the app? I'd like to test to see how well it works before I bought it. Speaking only for myself, if the trial lasted 7-10 days that'd be enough to determine how well it worked on google voice.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Did anyone else have the beta only to find it stopped working without warning at or around the time the paid version showed in the catalog?
    @ Arcticus

Can I ask why it is that the Blackberry, Android, and iPhone versions of this app are free...yet we have to pay for it? Seems a bit...different.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Also, any timeline on synergy working? I want my contacts in there so I can do custom greetings, and I can't just import them over myself, because then it duplicates every entry in my phone book.

If you can't fix synergy, can you at least add an option to keep your youmail contacts out of your phone book?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    @ Arcticus

Can I ask why it is that the Blackberry, Android, and iPhone versions of this app are free...yet we have to pay for it? Seems a bit...different.
    JHof80 who is unaffiliated with us did a great job explaining this:

One, Youmail themselves made the app for the BB. From what I can tell, they had no intention of doing the same for webOS, so Arcticus stepped in and developed a third-party app that has all the functionality. It's still not entirely finished, so yeah, maybe there's a few bugs. When Youmail makes the app themselves, they can do it for free because they get compensated for their time by people paying for the transcription and other extra features. Arcticus, having no affiliation with Youmail, doesn't see any of that money, and so chose to charge a small fee for his effort. If you don't like it, you can try the Google Voice version by a different developer, entitled "Visual Voicemail." But this is clearly a better app, and I have no problem paying for it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jverity View Post
    Also, any timeline on synergy working? I want my contacts in there so I can do custom greetings, and I can't just import them over myself, because then it duplicates every entry in my phone book.

If you can't fix synergy, can you at least add an option to keep your youmail contacts out of your phone book?
    Contact syncing is disabled by default. So feel free to import them into your YouMail account with no adverse affects on the phone.

Can't give a timeline because we are working with both YouMail and Palm on certain aspects. We are specifically talking with Palm on how Synergy should act and play with other apps etc, but like all things Palm there is no time commitment or roadmap. So we will continue to improve it and let the user decide where to turn it on or not.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Does the transcription from Google work as well, or just the audio messages? I switched to Youmail, but the free transcriptions from Google would be nice to have back again.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Does the transcription from Google work as well, or just the audio messages? I switched to Youmail, but the free transcriptions from Google would be nice to have back again.
    Turns out it will forward the Google transcription into YouView!
    Last edited by Arcticus; 03/04/2010 at 12:23 PM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I figured that was probably the case, but just wanted to make sure, thanks.
  16.    #16  
    No Prob.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

so let me get this right... You can get youview to transcribe messages, but for a price? We can still get google to send their free transcriptions though? In the app the messages are played back for you and soon synergy will be incorporated into the app. So, I can still receive the free transcriptions from google and not get transcriptions from this app? Cool, I'll buy it. It's better than dkgooglevoice. I'm tired of it....
    "The Pre is nice..."
    sorry, but instructions to setup the app with google voice is kinda vague. Don't really understand how to do it... I bought the app too..
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    No, YouMail will transcribe your Google Voice messages for you if you have the service.

You could have Google text you the transcription. I know its not as nice but works.

This is not true... and I hope this doesn't change in the future. I bought the app this morning. Google's transcriptions are passed on to YouMail (along with the audio).

However, for some reason the messages are truncated in the YouView application. For example here is the transcription I received for a 1 min voicemail: "Hi *MLJones8*, this is Lisa at Northwestern Mutual you last week at..."

--Note that you can tell google voice transcribed it ... "[I spoke with] you last week at.."

Edit: I'm not sure how this truncated transcription will work out... however if every VM gets at least who and why they are calling I don't mind it and it's all the transcription I need... out of a free service.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast