Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It took me a while to figure this out, but I think I understand now.

I had Visual Voicemail and forwarded my cell phone to my google number so I could get the messages and the transcriptions of calls to my cell phone. I installed youview and was expecting to use it to get better visual voicemail and still be able to get transcription that Google Voice provides. From what I can tell, I can get voice and transcriptions of calls to my Google Voice phone number with Youview, and I can get voicemail of calls to my cell phone number, but I can't get transcriptions of calls to my cell phone number, at least not without paying youview for transcriptions.

Is that accurate? Or is there a way to get transcriptions of my cell phone calls in youview via google.
    I'm not buying this application until the developer tells us exactly what we get from YouView if we are using google voice.
    the thing I dont like about youview contacts is for one contact you can only have upto 8 numbers listed under that contact and also I want to set 1 ringer for all the same numbers in that contact!
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'm not buying this application until the developer tells us exactly what we get from YouView if we are using google voice.
    What do you mean? You get everything you would just like your voicemails were using YouMail from an interface standpoint. Even your Google translations will show up.

If you have specific questions just ask and I will do my best to answer
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    What do you mean? You get everything you would just like your voicemails were using YouMail from an interface standpoint. Even your Google translations will show up.

If you have specific questions just ask and I will do my best to answer
    Well, as it turns out, it only seems to show the first 1 1/2 lines of the Google Transcription. I can't seem to find a way to get more than that. It's better than nothing but defintiely not ideal. Also, My last voicemail, I try to play it and it says loading with the spinning circle, then says playing but does nothing. Just sits there at 0second mark with green pause button and won't play. Plays fine on the YouMail website.

Just as a follow up on this, it seems most all of my voicemails from Google Voice do this. They will not stream through when you try to play them. However, I discovered if you click on the gear and choose the "Download to phone" option, they then play perfectly. However, there is no way to delete them or delete all from folder should you want to without having to manually go do it in USB mode or from Internalz, etc. If we really aren't going to be able to stream these, more options need to be added to improve on this process. Perhaps have it download automatically when you go to play and then delete itself afterwards.
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/07/2010 at 02:32 PM.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well, as it turns out, it only seems to show the first 1 1/2 lines of the Google Transcription. I can't seem to find a way to get more than that. It's better than nothing but defintiely not ideal. Also, My last voicemail, I try to play it and it says loading with the spinning circle, then says playing but does nothing. Just sits there at 0second mark with green pause button and won't play. Plays fine on the YouMail website.

Just as a follow up on this, it seems most all of my voicemails from Google Voice do this. They will not stream through when you try to play them. However, I discovered if you click on the gear and choose the "Download to phone" option, they then play perfectly. However, there is no way to delete them or delete all from folder should you want to without having to manually go do it in USB mode or from Internalz, etc. If we really aren't going to be able to stream these, more options need to be added to improve on this process. Perhaps have it download automatically when you go to play and then delete itself afterwards.
    Swipe to delete and the app will cleanup the usb drive so when you delete a message will remove it from the usb partition.

It seems that WebOs doesn't like to stream mp3 files reliably so I recommend turning the auto download feature on in the preferences. I will update the instructions to do this.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Please do whatever you can do to bring our entire Google Voice transcription across. It can't be that hard since you are pulling the first 1 1/2 lines of it. If it shows the whole transcription, I would no longer have to TXT message it to myself and could solely rely on this app. You'll get an extra star rating on my review for sure!
    Thanks,
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I think Google's transcription sucks - will this app allow you to play back the audio through the phone's speaker??
    Is there a way to set it to not to check for vm's unless the app is opened? Dont want battery drain of it checking every x amount of time. (I get email notification of vms but this makes it much easier to play them)
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork View Post
    I think Google's transcription sucks - will this app allow you to play back the audio through the phone's speaker??
    Yep, you can do that just fine long as you enable the download to phone option. It doesn't like to stream them for some reason.
    New version now available in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    What's new in this version?
  13.    #53  
    Version 0.5.43

Fixes to minimize issues caused by bugs in the WebOs 1.4 update.

Extended time to live for authorization tokens from 30 minutes to 24 hours to minimize authorizaiton attempts.

This build does not fix anything just works to prevent issues from the bugs in WebOs 1.4 until Palm can correct it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Can we expect a new version soon that'll let us view the whole Google voice transcription that you currently limit to 1.5 lines? That would make this so much more Google Voice friendly and allow me to turn off my SMS text messages from GV.
    Thanks,
  15.    #55  
    Can we expect a new version soon that'll let us view the whole Google voice transcription that you currently limit to 1.5 lines? That would make this so much more Google Voice friendly and allow me to turn off my SMS text messages from GV.
    Thanks,
    Sorry I haven't replied sooner but this is out of our hands. Our service provider YouMail handles this end of things. I have a request out there for some feedback on the issue, but to be honest I am surprised that they even provide it in the first place. YouMail is a free service that makes money from its advanced options like voice to text transcriptions. I will keep you posted when I find something out. Right now all effort is being focused on the WebOs 1.4 debacle by Palm.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Sorry I haven't replied sooner but this is out of our hands. Our service provider YouMail handles this end of things. I have a request out there for some feedback on the issue, but to be honest I am surprised that they even provide it in the first place. YouMail is a free service that makes money from its advanced options like voice to text transcriptions. I will keep you posted when I find something out. Right now all effort is being focused on the WebOs 1.4 debacle by Palm.

Perhaps in the future, the user could provide his/her Goggle Voice login/password, then you could retrieve the text that way?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Since the latest update, I'm finding about every other one of my new voicemails are not popping up with a dashboard notification like they used to perfectly on the old version. I load the app manually and then it pops up and says I have a new voicemail but before, it would always dashboard notify within 1-2 minutes after voicemail was left very consistently. Any reason why this would be?
  18.    #58  
    Since the latest update, I'm finding about every other one of my new voicemails are not popping up with a dashboard notification like they used to perfectly on the old version. I load the app manually and then it pops up and says I have a new voicemail but before, it would always dashboard notify within 1-2 minutes after voicemail was left very consistently. Any reason why this would be?
    See this article: http://www.precentral.net/how-should...-apps-function

WebOs 1.4.1 should alleviate this.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I just tried sending a test voicemail on 1.4.1.1 and the notifcation popped up properly. Hopefully that is a sign they will all be that way now.
    nevermind....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast