Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Whew!! I thought I was just me.....I bought it and I am having issues too...HELP
    I am currently at step:

Log into your Google Voice account and add {Your-YouMail-Account-Phone-Number}@my.youmail.com to your Google Voice account.

Google will send an authorization email which will be forwarded to the email you setup with YouMail. Remember to check your Spam folder if you don't see it.

I never get any email. I supposed to use 1 + area code or just area code

.....or am I missing something all together
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    This worked....
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Quote Originally Posted by ptitans23 View Post
    Whew!! I thought I was just me.....I bought it and I am having issues too...HELP
    I am currently at step:

Log into your Google Voice account and add {Your-YouMail-Account-Phone-Number}@my.youmail.com to your Google Voice account.

Google will send an authorization email which will be forwarded to the email you setup with YouMail. Remember to check your Spam folder if you don't see it.

I never get any email. I supposed to use 1 + area code or just area code

.....or am I missing something all together
    The e-mail will be sent to the e-mail registered with your YouMail account (check the spam folder). This may not be instantaneous... Google has to send the e-mail, YouMail must receive it, and FWD it to the e-mail address registered with your account (who then has to receive it).

Give it time, and continue to check your spam folder.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  4.    #24  
    Also no +1 only area code and number. Example: 1235556789@my.youmail.com
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Also no +1 only area code and number. Example: 1235556789@my.youmail.com
    Why is this not working for me? No matter what I do, I just get an instant "Invalid Phone number ..." I bought this app only to view my Google Voice Voicemails, so please help me get through this step.
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Why is this not working for me? No matter what I do, I just get an instant "Invalid Phone number ..." I bought this app only to view my Google Voice Voicemails, so please help me get through this step.
    Thanks,
    I assume you registered your number with youmail correct?

@Greg, can you comment on post 20?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    This is not true... and I hope this doesn't change in the future. I bought the app this morning. Google's transcriptions are passed on to YouMail (along with the audio).

However, for some reason the messages are truncated in the YouView application. For example here is the transcription I received for a 1 min voicemail: "Hi *MLJones8*, this is Lisa at Northwestern Mutual you last week at..."

--Note that you can tell google voice transcribed it ... "[I spoke with] you last week at.."

Edit: I'm not sure how this truncated transcription will work out... however if every VM gets at least who and why they are calling I don't mind it and it's all the transcription I need... out of a free service.
    I am looking into it, I have to test it on my wifes phone which doesn't have a transcription package and I am out of town till the weekend.

This would be a function of YouMail though and not the app. Do you have a transcription package particularly the one that only gives you like the first 20 secs?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

8.    #28  
    Thanks,
    I replied to your PM you were trying to add that email as a phone number it sounded like you need to add it as a Voicemail Notifications address under the Settings->Voicemails & SMS portion.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Got it, thanks. However since setting up YouMail on my phone, I just tried a test phonecall to my cell phone and it gave some random girl saying I'm not available instead of my Google Voice recording. I left a message and it never came to Google Voice. I logged into YouMail and it doesn't appear to be there either. How do I make Google Voice start working again as my primary Voicemail? I only bought this app to view/listen to my Google Voice emails from my phone.
    Thanks,
  10.    #30  
    Got it, thanks. However since setting up YouMail on my phone, I just tried a test phonecall to my cell phone and it gave some random girl saying I'm not available instead of my Google Voice recording. I left a message and it never came to Google Voice. I logged into YouMail and it doesn't appear to be there either. How do I make Google Voice start working again as my primary Voicemail? I only bought this app to view/listen to my Google Voice emails from my phone.
    Thanks,
    On Sprint dial *38 or on Verizon dial *73
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

On Sprint dial *38 or on Verizon dial *73
    Thanks, I did manage to get Google Voice activated again as my main voicemail, and I have your number@my.youmail.com in my list of email notifications, I confirmed the email so it is in the drop down list of emails to send email notification to, but I just did a test and it only sent an email to my Gmail account and nothing comes through to YouMail. I logged onto the website and don't show any messages there either. I must be missing something really simple.
    I am looking into it, I have to test it on my wifes phone which doesn't have a transcription package and I am out of town till the weekend.

This would be a function of YouMail though and not the app. Do you have a transcription package particularly the one that only gives you like the first 20 secs?
    I do not pay for any type of transcription package... However I have had a YouMail account for some time now (my old 755) was registered (so perhaps I locked in some type of free transcription service)? --- I doubt it, as:

The truncated part of the transcription that does come in, matches GV's transcription word for word, so I can only assume it's coming from GV and YouMail is truncating it.

Anyhow, if you'd like to communicate about the topic in the future you can always just message me via google's chat.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  13.    #33  
    Thanks, I did manage to get Google Voice activated again as my main voicemail, and I have your number@my.youmail.com in my list of email notifications, I confirmed the email so it is in the drop down list of emails to send email notification to, but I just did a test and it only sent an email to my Gmail account and nothing comes through to YouMail. I logged onto the website and don't show any messages there either. I must be missing something really simple.
    Almost there LOL now you need to select it as the email you want Google to use instead of yours.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Almost there LOL now you need to select it as the email you want Google to use instead of yours.
    Haha, thanks, I'm there! Appreciate your patience and help. I was actaully sort of hoping it would email both, but I guess I'll just turn on text notification. I saw you say in another thread that the Google Voice transcription will not come through, but it did on mine. Maybe that has since been changed? I don't really want to pay for YouMail transcription costs..
  15.    #35  
    Haha, thanks, I'm there! Appreciate your patience and help. I was actaully sort of hoping it would email both, but I guess I'll just turn on text notification. I saw you say in another thread that the Google Voice transcription will not come through, but it did on mine. Maybe that has since been changed? I don't really want to pay for YouMail transcription costs..
    Sounds good Now be sure to give us a glowing review in the app catalog

Guess I am wrong about the transcription coming through to YouView. That's even more awesome.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Sounds good Now be sure to give us a glowing review in the app catalog

Guess I am wrong about the transcription coming through to YouView. That's even more awesome.
    You got it! I'll give a great review. Thanks for being helpful developers!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks...I actually got it going.....I was checking Youmail for the authorization email instead of my gmail address.... Appreciated the helpful response though...

Must be my public school education.....ya know
    Hmm, got a call and a voicemail 25 minutes ago. Nothing ever came through to YouView app. If I go to the Youmail website, I see the new one sitting there, so howcome the app doesn't see it?

Update: Interesting, I tried closing and re-loading the app many times, even the "Check for new messages" option. Nothing. Then I went to YouMail website and deleted the older voicemail. Then hit "Check for new messages" again on YouView and suddenly the new one appears. Why would it not before?
  19.    #39  
    Hmm, got a call and a voicemail 25 minutes ago. Nothing ever came through to YouView app. If I go to the Youmail website, I see the new one sitting there, so howcome the app doesn't see it?

Update: Interesting, I tried closing and re-loading the app many times, even the "Check for new messages" option. Nothing. Then I went to YouMail website and deleted the older voicemail. Then hit "Check for new messages" again on YouView and suddenly the new one appears. Why would it not before?
    Sounds like things got out of sync with the auth token. Sounds like it resynced so you should be good to go from here on out. Send me a PM if it gives you anymore trouble.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Actually u can have email notification going to the youmail address and the google address. I do. Just add the youmail address as a secondary or alternate email. Also, I kept the googlevoice texts coming to the phone. Try it, it works great...
    "The Pre is nice..."
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast