Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    For all the talk about needing a larger screen, I love the pre's form factor too. It's really a shame how this whole thing has turned out so far, because there is no way this phone shouldnt have turned into the next 'big thing' as far as middle-ground phones go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just cause I think it's funny... look familiar? PPC6600 by Audiovox from around 2003. I remember thinking I didn't like the form factor. After using the PPC6700 for a couple years, I grew tired of the horizontal slide keyboard.

Damn! Beat me to it!
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just cause I think it's funny... look familiar? PPC6600 by Audiovox from around 2003. I remember thinking I didn't like the form factor. After using the PPC6700 for a couple years, I grew tired of the horizontal slide keyboard.

Daaaaang. Taking me back a few years!

..that phone was the biggest pile.. Ugh.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
  4.    #24  
    The PPC6600 never caught on, mostly due to the crappy OS (personal opinion) nor did it inspire that form factor from other companies. The Pre has by examples on this post inspired imitations and I think that's a good thing.

Don't forget this one either:
    Keepin' it real fake, part CCXXXVIII: Palm Pre knockoff doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up -- Engadget
    I prefer vertical slide QWERTY to side slide QWERTY.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12