1.    #1  
    I feel like after installing the Black-out (for webos 1.4) theme my Pre feels slightly bit faster !!
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    I feel like after installing the Black-out (for webos 1.4) theme my Pre feels slightly bit faster !!
    I'd say it's probably likely. For example, the patch that removes the scroll arrows and fades from the launcher menus definitely speeds things up. I'd guess that removing anything that uses any form of transparency would definitely speed things up, as it would be that much less the OS has to render in real time.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I'd say it's probably likely. For example, the patch that removes the scroll arrows and fades from the launcher menus definitely speeds things up. I'd guess that removing anything that uses any form of transparency would definitely speed things up, as it would be that much less the OS has to render in real time.
    yeah but ur talkin about a patch you installed... IMO I think people my think a theme made it faster cuz luna has restarted after installation. I dunno bout you, but a luna restart helps my phones speed everytime
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    yeah but ur talkin about a patch you installed... IMO I think people my think a theme made it faster cuz luna has restarted after installation. I dunno bout you, but a luna restart helps my phones speed everytime
    Themes do the same thing that patches do. They remove or replace not only images, but in some cases code, since code is used to provide an interface.

But even by just replacing an image, say, with transparency, with one that has none, I'd think that would speed things up. Same if you are using custom fonts or whatever. Some fonts will render more quickly than others, or even require more or less redraw based on where their spacing pushes other graphical elements.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    So, you can actually change the fonts the OS uses? Interesting... Just replace the font files with the new ones, but using the same name?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    Just like waxing your car makes it go faster!