Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    The LED notification patch has served me well for all these months. But now as all of you know PALM finally included LED notification option of their own. My problem is, however, that no matter what I have tried I simply can't get rid of the original LED notification patch. So whenever I get a notification, instead of two short blinks I get the good old gradual long blink.

    I have tried installing/reinstalling the patch multiple times. I have even performed full erase and WEB OS DOCTOR restore several times, but the patch is still there.

    How can I get rid of it and use LED notification that now comes standard with WEB OS?
  2. #2  
    try doctoring with the 1.2 version. i read somewhere that after 1.2 it doesnt wipe ur pre ENTIRELY anymore (altho dont quote me exactly on it) - worth a shot tho
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  3. eternal85's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #3  
    The 1.2.1 webOS doctor is the TRUE mother of all Doctor's
  4.    #4  
    I'm downloading WEBOS Doctor 1.2 courtesy of webosinternals. Is there any trick I need to do in order to restore my pre to 1.2 since I'm currently running 1.4 or simply plug and chug?
  5. ccano8's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    The LED notification patch has served me well for all these months. But now as all of you know PALM finally included LED notification option of their own. My problem is, however, that no matter what I have tried I simply can't get rid of the original LED notification patch. So whenever I get a notification, instead of two short blinks I get the good old gradual long blink.

    I have tried installing/reinstalling the patch multiple times. I have even performed full erase and WEB OS DOCTOR restore several times, but the patch is still there.

    How can I get rid of it and use LED notification that now comes standard with WEB OS?
    Try installing the LED Notifications patch, go into Screen & Lock and turn blink notifications off. Uninstall the patch and it should be gone for good. This method worked for me, but I uninstalled it before 1.4, so I'm not sure how LED notification being included in the software will affect this method.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I'm downloading WEBOS Doctor 1.2 courtesy of webosinternals. Is there any trick I need to do in order to restore my pre to 1.2 since I'm currently running 1.4 or simply plug and chug?

    no just plug and chug WEBOS doctor takes your phone back to 1.2 then just update your phone
  7. hselomein's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #7  
    uhmm, the 2 gradual blinks is by design. it has nothing to do with the patch. everything is good for you. its not the previous patch
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    The LED notification patch has served me well for all these months. But now as all of you know PALM finally included LED notification option of their own. My problem is, however, that no matter what I have tried I simply can't get rid of the original LED notification patch. So whenever I get a notification, instead of two short blinks I get the good old gradual long blink.

    I have tried installing/reinstalling the patch multiple times. I have even performed full erase and WEB OS DOCTOR restore several times, but the patch is still there.

    How can I get rid of it and use LED notification that now comes standard with WEB OS?
    As stated above, it's just the way it is now. Consensus seems to be that it is totally random which blink behaviour is used. I thought it was double blink for more than one message. Nope. Then I thought it was for text vs. email. Nope. Then the other. Nope. Can't find any pattern.
  9. #9  
    going back to 1.2 may cause issues with the storage of your apps. Remember that apps started being stored in the media partition in 1.3. I heard that 1.4 doctor erases everything. If anything, go that route.

    Also keep in mind that the two short blinks are for texts (I think). The long blink still exists for other notifications.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    going back to 1.2 may cause issues with the storage of your apps. Remember that apps started being stored in the media partition in 1.3. I heard that 1.4 doctor erases everything. If anything, go that route.

    Also keep in mind that the two short blinks are for texts (I think). The long blink still exists for other notifications.
    well if you dr to 1.2 and then update to 1.4 it should re-integrate the new app storage with them update shouldnt it?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  11. jesmann's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #11  
    I would doctor to 1.2 then either create new profile (no apps) and update OTA or dont' sign in at all power off and go into USB (Volume UP while power) and doctor to 1.4 before signing in to your palm profile no app issues
  12. #12  
    I did doctor my pre after the 1.4 update and mine does both blinks regaurdless.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  13. #13  
    You can just do a FULL Erase from your Pre. No need for Webdr.

    Last launcher page > Device info > Reset Options > Full Erase.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14. Jmark61's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #14  
    Somebody who is more knowledgeable about this stuff than I may say (rightfully so) that I've been lucky, but I've been successful removing and installing problem patches by turning the phone off and operating only on wifi. I've been meaning to uninstall the LED notification patch as it's redundant now and you're post motivated me to do so. I did as described above and was successful. Maybe luck or coincidence, but who knows.

Posting Permissions