1.    #1  
    Dear everyone... i was having several small problems with preware causing my phone to slow down.. i have never ever doctored my phone and.. and i picked mine up on the first day it came out... I finally bit the bullet and did it..

first i hit the backup 2 or 3 times... and i put my phone into usb mode and copied all the pics and everything i could over... I uninstalled preware and filecoaster and a few other apps i don't use first.

I downloaded the WebOS Dr... and about 15 minutes later... all was good.. it was painless.. the only thing i forgot my password for a few tries but i remembered it.

All is good now.. it didn't hurt!!! all my contacts loaded back in and all apps i had installed magically went back in... i lost txt message history but thats fine with me nothing that needed to be kept.

This link has links to 1.4 for all carriers!!
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-140-...int-o2-verizon

JUST DO IT
    Last edited by antonio3; 03/03/2010 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Dear everyone... i was having several small problems with ..........
    Shouldn't the title be:
    "Stop tapping that keyboard... and doctor your phone!!"
    lol all you had to do is a partial erase then reload preware and package manager service and everythingwould have been fine!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    well my thing was i have never Dr'd my phone and i was actually scared to.. after i did it, i realized how easy it was.

The only problem i have now is that my palm profile has more contacts then my google profile.. not sure how to get them synced. but i think thats another thread

LoL yea title could have been better but i wanted to give a WWF i mean WWE feel to it
    The doctor isn't bad!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I dr'd mine after the 1.4 update cause i was having issues with a stuck patch. After the dr, it ran even better! Also, i was surprised to find that it didnt delete my "music" folder. I was under the understanding that it wiped all the memory.

1.4 really makes a difference. If you dont think so, DR it first.
  7.    #7  
    Doctor your phone people!!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Doctor your phone people!!
    I have tried using the webos doctor but I gey stuck on the screen that asks for you to connect the device. The "next" button never appears. Any suggestions?
    I agree. I did and look how fast mine is... still get luna restarts sometimes :/

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Doctoring your phone with the latest version that supports 1.4 will not delete any of your personal information on your phone. Such as pictures, music, and videos. You will only have to resync it with your palm profile and lose settings changes. I would hope people would feel comfortable doctoring their phones since Palm developed the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I have tried using the webos doctor but I gey stuck on the screen that asks for you to connect the device. The "next" button never appears. Any suggestions?
    Are you by chance running an ASUS computer with windows vista? I have the same issue with my laptop, but works everytime with my desktop running windows xp. I havent figured the issue out yet as I have deletd novacom and reinstalled it several times trying to figure out the issue. Mine usually starts the process where it says battery charging and then it takes a few minutes and then WebOS doctor says the usb device has been disconnected. Does anyone know what would cause this?
    My Pre already doctored with 1.4 (direct doctored from 1.3.5.2)

Still getting luna restart and sometimes phone doesn't ring/display while incoming calls/sms, I'm missing too many phone call and sms until manualy restart.

WebOS Doctor doesn't solve this type of problem. I think there are too many bugs in 1.4 . I'm planing to downgrade to 1.3.5.2.
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    I'm running XP on a Dell. I don't know why it won't work. Incidentally, thode of you who post on here with your devices, how do you scrool with this thing? When I quote a message, I can't seem to be able to scroll past the qquote so that I can text in my response.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    did you plug and unplug the phone into your computer's usb port?... did you choose "just charge" on the phone?
    so what's the next step for when I've doctored my phone twice but the same issues like random restarts and lag and lockup start happening again?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    you shut your mouth when you're talkin to me!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    so what's the next step for when I've doctored my phone twice but the same issues like random restarts and lag and lockup start happening again?
    take it back for a new one ? i might do that soon.... this volume bug is killing me.. i'm going to try and make a video of it