1.    #1  
    Well, here goes. I know I can search around here to find my solution, but figured I would post and someone can give me a link and save me a few minutes.

First off, I had read on here that there was no need to remove your patches with the 1.4 update, so I did the update, and have been somewhat enjoying it.

At first, everything worked great, except for the patches that needed updates, I could access the App Catalog, Preware, everything.

A few days later, Preware would always give me the message in the title of this thread and I would have to remove the battery and put it back in, then restart the phone, you know the deal. Sometimes more than once.

An app needed to update and it gave me the same problem.

Waited a few days, dont know why, but decided to wait, tried it again this morning, to load Preware, and now, EVERYTIME I RESTART, same thing, and nothing I can do about it.

I am still trying to at least be able to use the phone's basic functions, calling etc but I am stuck with every restart, a few minutes into it, the phone gives me the same error.

I am starting to get upset, but I am also looking for help.

Any suggestions?
    Unfortunately you seem to need a visit to the doctor.... That is the best first step.
    Then reinstall your preware and patches... good luck.
    I had this same problem... I would recommend following the instructions in this thread

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html

I tried a standard doctor visit and it would still freeze after every reset, so following caj's rules should get you going again
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 03/03/2010 at 10:50 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Would love to visit your link KJBlauw, but its not a correct link. And I wanted to stay away from the Doctor, but I will do it if I need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by offdiskoolaid View Post
    I know I can search around here to find my solution, but figured I would post and someone can give me a link and save me a few minutes.

Any suggestions?
    Really?

It took me 5 seconds to find this using search, here you go...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ards-open.html
    The doctor isn't bad. I have used it several times, on my wifes pre as well as mine. Just make sure you download picts and do a backup before you doctor.
    I fixed the link, hopefully that helps
  8.    #8  
    Thank you for your valiant effort mjkjr. Where would this world be without your help. If I could have followed those steps, I would have done it. Just because I mentioned earlier that I could search for it, does not mean I have not searched at all. But Thank you anyways for the tip. I will continue searching, I appreciate it.