Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    pre rocked on 1.3.5.1 already, 1.4 made it all around smoother plus gave me a free video camera (don't care about other phones that have it, wasn't on phone when I agreed to buy it and now it is - woo hoo).

really enjoy letting my droid carrying coworkers try it, they all walk away totally amazed and with a case of buyer's remorse.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    I used a hacked version because I am from Bell Mobility in Canada. I looove it. Things are much snappier. The lag is gone. There are a few glitches in 1.4 that are new but old ones have been fixed.

I feel WebOS is really beginning to blossom. Battery life, lag and messenger enhancements are great. I love the new alert vibrate. Its subtle but enough to grab my attention.

Before it was too loud and obnoxious. I would just mute it because of how much chatting I would do. This is my favourite change thus far but really its smooth and responsive. The phone feels brand new =)
    Agreed! WebOS is so young yet working so well. People need to realize how this mobile OS is in its infancy still (less then a year old).

Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    super great speed and all. battery still testing.
    some blank screens and restart. maybe due to preware.
    There are some threads about doctoring your phone before updating to make things run as smooth as possible. I just updated and it works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by uriel1971 View Post
    pre rocked on 1.3.5.1 already, 1.4 made it all around smoother plus gave me a free video camera (don't care about other phones that have it, wasn't on phone when I agreed to buy it and now it is - woo hoo).

really enjoy letting my droid carrying coworkers try it, they all walk away totally amazed and with a case of buyer's remorse.
    Again another person I agree with. I didn't need video because I rarely use the camera, in fact I only use video to record the stupid things my brother in law does in atlantic city when he is drunk. Other then that I never use the video on any of my phones, but now that my pre has it its nice to know that I can continue the incriminating video recordings.

The only thing the droid has that I wish my pre had was the media docking station. That thing is pretty nice and would be perfect for trips and while Im at work.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I haven't had any problems with it, I'm loving the increased performance especially with the phone app.
    I'm very happy with this update. I also have all my favorite patches on and don't have any problems whatsoever. It does seem to be a bit faster, although I think battery life is still about the same, but I didn't have a problem with it before. I'm a happy camper here.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Noticing better battery life, and everything is working great.
    Really liking the new update - I agree with everyone performance is better...can;t comment on battery life yet as its only been 1 day i've had it but based on usage so far its looking improved...
    Same here, every update my Pre just gets better and better, love it.
    After a bumpy update (Calling the DOCTOR) i'am really impressed. Good speed improvment. Much more fun now. And some free EA Teaser-3D-Games here in Germany. WOW.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    So far looking good. Recorded a video. Worked great.
    Just out of curiousity - how old are the phones that you have as well? Is there a potential difference between first batch and later batches of the Pre?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12