Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Oh, and I hadn't had a restart in about a week and had one this afternoon. I immediately created a log and sent it off HBZ as requested in this post.
    If anyone is interested in what to do, here is a copy of the PM he sent me:
    Steps to create log file below (create a log file for each issue one for not waking up and one for random restart)

1. Reproduce the problem
    2. Launch the phone application
    3. Type ##LOGS# on the virtual dialpad (#*LOGS# on GSM variants)
    4. Select quick log create
    5. Email log file to contactpalm@precentral.net
    6. In the email, include the following:

In the email please include your forum username and what the issue is for so I can match your issue to your log file.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Just FYI. Haven't had any restarts since rebooting after every Preware installation.
    This is unnaceptable, i'm somewhat considering returning my phone for this. I have luna restarts 2 or 3 times a day. Has a fix been pointed out?
    I have this issue at least once a day. It just happened a second ago while listening to Slacker. After pushing the power point to use a skip, the screen stayed back, music stopped playing, and the phone restarted sigh .
    Hey, that just happened to me. In the middle of downloading Transformers game from App Catalog. Screen was off, so hit power button, then Pre restarted. When WebOS came up, I had 6 text messages spanning back two days. This is probably the 4th time I've noticed the alert for text messaging not working. I know because my wife is always complaining that I don't respond to her texts.
    Got my pre about 2 weeks ago
    Everything was fine.

Last night I finally dipped into preware/webosQI with a couple of patches.
    Happened to me 3x today

I've uninstalled preware so far and it seems to be working fine, for now at least. Will report any other findings that others are having (text message receive etc).
    See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2449615 for the description of the webOS 1.4 rescan bug which may be causing these things.

We're currently alpha testing a new version of Preware which has a preference option (defaulting to "Yes") to avoid triggering this webOS bug.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ya without preware, there are no random restarts anymore.. all seems to be working great
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Ya without preware, there are no random restarts anymore.. all seems to be working great
    Just reboot everytime youinstall or uninstall something from preware and you will be good. I think it applies for file coaster as well.

That being said, I actually had 2 random restarts in the last week which I am trying to narrow down. Phone reacted the same way both times. When changing pages in the launcher the icons froze between pages and caused a reboot. The disturbing thing is that one time it happened first thing in the morning after a preset reset. Only app that I had auto on was the clock app. The preset reset happened after an app instal via file coaster. Maybe a powered reset, instead would have 'pre'vented the reboot?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepore View Post
    Just reboot everytime youinstall or uninstall something from preware and you will be good. I think it applies for file coaster as well.
    If you are running the latest Preware (1.1.0 or later) with the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference set to "Yes", then you do not need to reboot anything after installing or uninstalling apps.

There is a bug in the undocumented, unsupported webOS 1.4.x applicationManager rescan service. Anything that is still using that service to make the icon appear after installing a new app will cause problems. Preware is no longer using it if you have "Avoid webOS Bugs" set to "Yes".

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've recently noticed that it only happens to me after I've closed Facebook Beta and immediately open another icon.....on the push of said icon, it just freezes up for abot 6 to 8 seconds and begins to reboot....its not every close of this app but seems to be too often
    Quote Originally Posted by sekondairy View Post
    I've recently noticed that it only happens to me after I've closed Facebook Beta and immediately open another icon.....on the push of said icon, it just freezes up for abot 6 to 8 seconds and begins to reboot....its not every close of this app but seems to be too often
    fairly recently after closing the fb app on my verizon pre plus the palm will do a retart. It's not as long as a full restart but does show the black screen and pulsing palm logo. Any ideas as to why or if this will be fixed with the new version in the works. Last time it restarted I only had the web browser open. Prior to that the browser and a text window. In the meantime back to the nonbeta. I don't have any homebrew stuff installed. Just basi items from the app catalog.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678