Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with the restarts, i applied the 600 mhz patch and everything is great, hasnt restarted at all
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    I was having this issue as well. I went to Palm's support chat and they had me do a partial erase. This was Sunday night and I haven't had it happen since.

I'm not sure if this was related to Preware or not, but it was happening to me even after doctoring to a clean install of 1.4. Since doing the partial erase, I have installed Preware and about 35 patches and I am having no issues.
    That's good to know! I will try your same method and post the results. I can't take this anymore with these dag gone restarts, dag nabbit! Later.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Me too. Random restarts, sometimes when waking from sleep.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Weird. It just happened to me (on my Pre and my wife's Pixi) shortly after updating Preware via WOSQI. the Pre's was while trying to wake from sleep, by pressing power/wake button. It wouldn't, and then after a few more pushes, a Luna restart.

The Pixi, woke to the lockj screen, but the 1/3 or so of the screen where the lock should have been was just dark, and then it went into a luna restart.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    That's good to know! I will try your same method and post the results. I can't take this anymore with these dag gone restarts, dag nabbit! Later.
    How do you do a partial erase?
    this morning mine restarted twice. While at work for 10 hours, no restarts. As soon as I got home, it restarted. The difference? at home I'm on wifi, at work, 3G. Anyone else experince this pattern?
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    It's mine lunasysmgr.log

https://pastee.org/39xdt
    Yes, that is exactly the Palm 1.4.0 LunaSysMgr bug, which is triggered by many different applications - there are reports of the app catalog application even triggering it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I also have the same problem after upgrading to 1.4. In the UK on O2 GSM with about 30 patches installed via Preware.

Yesterday a text was sent to me at around 4pm but didn't come through until the Pre restarted around 11pm after I tried to wake it from standby even though I was using the phone during the evening on and off with other apps without issue.

Ran a quick test after the restart and had a modem error.

It seems to be a Palm issue from some posts I've read but also others seems to be successful after uninstalling Preware or other apps or even reinstalls.

Think I'll try a clean install while I wait for Palm to resolve the problem.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    mine seems to restart usually after doing my daily preware feed updates...about 30min later i push the power button and nothing happens. I open the phone, nothing happens. Then the palm logo shows up and starts flashing....

never saw this before 1.4, and i'm using even less patches than before
    mine does it also and just started after 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, that is exactly the Palm 1.4.0 LunaSysMgr bug, which is triggered by many different applications - there are reports of the app catalog application even triggering it.

-- Rod
    Since you know the technical info can you report this to Palm. Or do they already know?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Still happening to me even post doctor.

Sending my pre in for hopefully a new one, will see if that has the issue too.

Pretty sure its a 1.4 thing..palm need to fix it fast, has so many bugs, its like they didnt test it properly before release
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I thought I was the only one. I happens randomly, and no it is not a loose battery. I have had this since June with no problems. I happens usually when the screen is dark, try to hit power button to bring screen up, nothing, I open keyboard nothing. Next thing I know I see the dot swirling and the Pre is rebooting itself. I think the last time this happened though, I was checking for an update and the screen went black, and I could not get the screen to come back on then it rebooted itself. I guess, every time this has happened, I had been using the phone and had cards left open.
    Same here. I have noticed that this happens typically after I have installed something via preware.
    For what its worth, I have these exact same random luna restarts! 2-3 a day. It didn't seem to happen on my old phone after upgrading to 1.4 but I just got a refurbished phone and doctored 1.4 onto it and since then, does it multiple times a day. I do have preware and many patches. I'd hate to give up Preware in order to fix this. I honestly thought it was my refurbished phone and was going to take it back but was glad to discover this thread! Hope some sort of a fix comes out soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    For what its worth, I have these exact same random luna restarts! 2-3 a day. It didn't seem to happen on my old phone after upgrading to 1.4 but I just got a refurbished phone and doctored 1.4 onto it and since then, does it multiple times a day. I do have preware and many patches. I'd hate to give up Preware in order to fix this. I honestly thought it was my refurbished phone and was going to take it back but was glad to discover this thread! Hope some sort of a fix comes out soon!
    It's a Palm bug. Many applications trigger it. People who don't even use homebrew are reporting it. We cannot fix it. We wait for 1.4.1 ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    maybe you should do a sticky Rod everyone really does not understand that its a palm glitch in the update lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Since the 1.4 update I've been getting at least one random reboot a day too.

Yesterday I also had a few instances when I woke up the phone with the power button and there was no clock or black fade out at the bottom. I could see all the wallpaper, launch bar and the lock icon to drag.

This morning I missed a call because it didn't ring, sitting right next to me on my desk. I caught it because I heard the notification play from a GV voicemail SMS just received.

Also noticed that every once in a while when I launch e-mail, I get a page listing my accounts, a button to add and button to continue... Strange.

I have Preware and Homebrew apps, but no patches installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Since the 1.4 update I've been getting at least one random reboot a day too.

Yesterday I also had a few instances when I woke up the phone with the power button and there was no clock or black fade out at the bottom. I could see all the wallpaper, launch bar and the lock icon to drag.

This morning I missed a call because it didn't ring, sitting right next to me on my desk. I caught it because I heard the notification play from a GV voicemail SMS just received.

I have Preware and Homebrew apps, but no patches installed.
    That EXACT same thing happened to me yesterday. I missed a call because it never even rang. Then, I heard the notifcation of the new Google Voice email. I went to open it up and boom, phone rebooted. I hope Palm is indeed aware of this bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I hope Palm is indeed aware of this bug.
    Every time it happens, Palm gets an automatic upload from your device, including a complete running process list, the system log, other identifying data for the device, all the wifi access points that are in range, a list of all applications installed on your device, when you started and stopped each application in the last 24 hours, and a stack dump from the error.

So I think they are aware of it ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    same here..no reboots with 1.3.5 but random luna reboots now. Also noticing the lock screen without the 'drag to unlock' image, but i can see my background or open apps behind the lock icon.

I doctored back to 1.4 and seem to still have the same issue.

shadow360 has said it's due to the package manager service and preware, so hopefully an update can stop this from happening
    Same issues here.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast