Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I know it's not a full reboot because multiple times I've had an audio file continue to play continuously throughout the reboot. If it was a real reboot, whatever that player was would be killed and restarted. Additionally, in a hard reboot, you see the shutdown screen and the startup screen, and in this case you just see the startup screen. That's because a luna reboot doesn't process the system shutdown signal.

Anyone else notice Jstop doesn't work at all in 1.4? I only say this because I left it open to observe and it's completely useless now.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i also noticed that sometimes when the phone locks up for a few seconds I see the 'Brightness Unlinked is running...' msg in the notification tray.

I have the patch that runs the Brightness Unlinked at startup, so it looks like the phone killed/restarted some services...All of my apps stay open and I don't see the palm screen
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Another way to tell the difference between a Luna restart and a full system restart (people with custom load screens only):
    A full restart will have the glowing Palm logo then change into the custom load screen as it switches to booting Luna.
    A Luna only restart will have only the custom logo.

I've have random full restarts and Luna restarts. Not enough to bother me yet. They usually occur seconds after placing the pre on my touchstone. Full restarts have been very rare so I can not report pattern.

I do have Preware and Package Manager installed.
  4. qqq
    Same thing here. Usually what happens is I'll push the power button to wake up the phone and it won't come on, i'll push it a couple more times, then about ten seconds later I'll get the Palm screen, and after Luna restarts, it'll be back to normal. The phone isn't rebooting, it's only a luna restarting.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Add me to the list. I had 2 luna restarts the day of update (one due to terminal), I wondered if the patches I added were the cause since they happened not long after. I got another one the next morning, and then another one just yesterday.

Just curious how many of you are running patches? I figure if someone is running a fully stock pre and having the same problem then I can eliminate the patches from the list of suspects.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Just wanted to +1 on this. I'm experiencing the exact same behavior that others are reporting after the 1.4 update.

-No image on unlock screen
    -Unable to wake - press power a few times and luna restarts

I removed all patches and did a secure erase last night and going to see how the day goes.
    I have same problem with my GSM Pre. Discussing this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...e-w-1-4-a.html
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    if you look for the thread "fix for to many cards issue " it may have something to do with the bad installs from the servers being overloaded when the update came out.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Happening to me too, at least it did for the first couple days. I had thought I'd narrowed it down a bit because it SEEMED to be connected to Preware. The couple freezes I experienced were either while Preware was running or after I'd run and closed the app. Using the "later" button to delay Luna restarts between patch installs (I would install a few patches in a row and then reboot) seemed to exacerbate the issue as well.

I've been making sure I reboot immediately after running Preware whether I install anything with it or not and I haven't had any spontaneous Luna restarts lately.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Same thing for me too! And also the Random Reboots. My Launch Day pre was replaced on Friday (right before the update), so I basically had a 100% stock pre when 1.4 came out (didn't install Preware until after). Now that I've installed Preware, however, I've had these two issues.

The problem with the lock screen being gone (and with touchstone, it's the same thing - instead of black background with time it's basically my home screen with the yellow lock at the bottom) only occurs after (or while) running Preware. That I am sure of. And after a luna reset it goes away.

I can't confirm whether the random restarting was due to Preware or not for me. I don't recall it happening to me in the time I had 1.4 w/out Preware (like a day), but I'm not fully confident.

Someone find a fix! Thanks!
    I am experiencing the same problem
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i'm experiencing the same problem, same way:
    - pre-screen is locked
    - try to unlock with tap on the on/off button
    - see a glimpse of the screen
    - see palm logo glowing
    -->> it's a luna restart, after that the phone-functions are enabled and everything works well
    in the afternoon - long before the latest luna-restart - i had an issue with no clock on the lock-screen, only the lock to be seen at the bottom of the screen, no clock shown ...
    more german users with the same issues on nexave.de
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I was having this issue as well. I went to Palm's support chat and they had me do a partial erase. This was Sunday night and I haven't had it happen since.

I'm not sure if this was related to Preware or not, but it was happening to me even after doctoring to a clean install of 1.4. Since doing the partial erase, I have installed Preware and about 35 patches and I am having no issues.
    According to webOS Internals it's due to an underlying Palm Bug

Will have to wait for Palm to fix, on the other hand i've found uninstalling Package Manager Service/Preware has fixed the problem for me and a few others, you guys might want to try that a shot if you dont mind using WOSQI till a bugfix arrives.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    nothing new to add, but me too. seems to happening after i run preware. wonder if a preventative luna restart after every preware use would prevent the reboot, or if uninstalling package manager/preware is the only recourse?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qqq View Post
    Same thing here. Usually what happens is I'll push the power button to wake up the phone and it won't come on, i'll push it a couple more times, then about ten seconds later I'll get the Palm screen, and after Luna restarts, it'll be back to normal. The phone isn't rebooting, it's only a luna restarting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbett View Post
    I have had a 3 restarts after 1.4 and NEVER had one before. My phone would freeze trying to activate the screen from sleep for about 10-15 seconds then come alive and immediately go into a Luna restart. After the restart finishes I always get notifications of texts that I received during the last few hours that I did not come in even though it seemed to me the phone was OK during that time. (could make calls, browse, etc)
    Very similar to what I've been seeing. I even had a phone call not ring. When I went to make a call the phone launcher took me straight to a VM screen I've never seen before. PS. I'm on Sprint.
    been happening to me too after the update hope they fix this soon its very annoying
    It's mine lunasysmgr.log

https://pastee.org/39xdt
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    It seems to happen to me primarily after I get a notification alert. Then I press the power button or open the keyboard and it's unresponsive for 5 sec and then palm logo flashing indicating luna restart. Although it has happened after updating an app in preware or app catalog, too.
    it has seemed like alot of people arnt responding to my txts lately...
    i thought i was gettin some hate or somethin...
    maybe its this issue cuz ive seen a few luna reboots the way u guys are explaining it here.

maybe thats whats causing some of my texts to not come thru.. hmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticX View Post
    it has seemed like alot of people arnt responding to my txts lately...
    i thought i was gettin some hate or somethin...
    maybe its this issue cuz ive seen a few luna reboots the way u guys are explaining it here.

maybe thats whats causing some of my texts to not come thru.. hmm?
    maybe?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast