Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Is there to anyones knowledge a separate Video Camera Launcher Icon or patch, so if I just want to shoot a video, I don't have to open the camera app and then tap the video button?
    That my friend is called laziness
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    I too would like this. I've had a few instances already where my daughter started to do something I wanted to try to record and by the time I launch the camera, then press the recorder icon, I've already missed 5 seconds of time to start recording. 5 seconds isnt much, but it is when your trying to catch something quick. I am sure they will make a patch for it, but I'm not trying to install preware.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    That my friend is called laziness
    How about keeping your rude comments to your self
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    How about keeping your rude comments to your self
    How about you loosen up a bit lol
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I could have sworn there was a standalone video record icon in one of those preview videos. Was it CES? I'm remembering a simple green sillouette of an old school reflex movie camera. Or is this a false memory?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Rude posts like yours is why some are tired of PreCentral, and i'm getting tired of it,acting like a bunch of 12yr olds instead of like adults.

how about you loosen up a bit lol
    Rude posts like yours is why some are tired of PreCentral, and i'm getting tired of it,acting like a bunch of 12yr olds instead of like adults.
    Im pretty sure he was kidding... take a chill pill/chillax/calmate calmate al pachino... LOL
    If you two want to have a spat, do it over a Private Message!!

then Pre|central users won't have to be tired of reading a bunch of posts of people b*tching at each other

Have an awesome day!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbuff19 View Post
    Is there to anyones knowledge a separate Video Camera Launcher Icon or patch, so if I just want to shoot a video, I don't have to open the camera app and then tap the video button?
    I asked the same question in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...eo-camera.html but haven't gotten a response yet...
    I'd like the camera app to stay in the mode last used.

If you record a video, then close the camera app, the next time it's opened - the app is already in video mode.

Same for still pictures.

Seems reasonable. I think that's how the iPhone handles it, but I could be wrong.

Obviously, a restart would revert back to picture mode.
    Also, here's something I noticed with the new Camera/Camcorder App: Keyboard Shortcuts!

To go into Camcorder Mode (videos): P
    To go into Camera Mode (pictures): Q

And of course, to take a Picture or Start/End Video Capture, use the SpaceBar!

Now I'd like to see a patch for Camera Mode that sets a keyboard shortcut for cycling through the "flash" cycle (like F or A or something), so that you can have a hard-key there and theoretically do it without looking (if you know the cycle and all that).

Also would be great if in the patch for the flashlight in video recording they had a similar keyboard key to turn on and off the light w/out touching the screen.

I just think these would make really cool additions.
    testosterone is running high lately at PreCentral.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I asked the same question in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...eo-camera.html but haven't gotten a response yet...
    Currently the answer is no.... But patches show up almost daily so request one in the proper forum and maybe someone will make it.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm sure that someone is already in the works for making this patch as we speak. We have to just be patient.
    Great idea.. I've noticed a bit of lag starting up the camera since 1.4 and if you're trying to capture a spur of the moment video you stand a good chance of losing the opportunity with the lag time. I've started leaving my camera app open to alleviate it.