1. pb
    Pre, in USB mode, does not appear in "My Computer"

It used to and methinks something happened due to XP crash
    (I doubt it is a Pre problem though that has crashed too)

Anyone know how to reinstate this? Originally I added no s/w but simply plugged it into PC and XP did the rest. It is recognised by the system as being present but does not appear in directory lisintg so is completely inaccessible.

I'd be grateful for some tips as this is a bad situation to be in!!
    cheers

pb
    Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Pre, in USB mode, does not appear in "My Computer"

It used to and methinks something happened due to XP crash
    (I doubt it is a Pre problem though that has crashed too)

Anyone know how to reinstate this? Originally I added no s/w but simply plugged it into PC and XP did the rest. It is recognised by the system as being present but does not appear in directory lisintg so is completely inaccessible.

I'd be grateful for some tips as this is a bad situation to be in!!
    cheers

pb
    You can probably go into your device manager, under the My Computer properties and delete the Pre, then disconnect and reconnect ( I don't know if you'll need to restart or not). The Pre then should show up as new hardware and re-attach.
    open webos QI and click on file and options I think and the hit the reinstall novacom driver but make sure the usb to the top right is highlighted and not the emulator. Alot of times the computer just forgets your phone and you only need to reboot both the phone and computer while unplugged then after they start up plug it back in .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. pb
    is this the only method? What did people do in this ssircumstance before hacking was ussed?
    thanks

pb