Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Aww That's a shame. Oh well, I don't think there was very many more apps I wanted to install at this point anyway but it's still stupid.

Why can't I access the catalog just because my phone was activated in an unsupported country? Stupid stupid.
    As you know you can find free application download link from ipkfetcher or you can derive some links from packages and download via web browser.

But a few days ago, palm blocked to access this link via browser. I'm a Mac user and my default web browser is firefox. When I try to download same link with Safari, boom! I can. Safari can download IPKs from palm link "https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/..." but firefox can not.

You can try with Safari, I think Safari User Agent Profile access to Palm links
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
  3.    #43  
    I just tried using Safari (latest version on a Mac). You are right it downloads an IPK, however, those files are 0 bytes. So it's not the real deal I guess.

Can you check that?
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Ooops sorry, I didn't check the size

Thank you...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    *** i canīt download the games from ipk fetcher he says there no valid url for geostrings !!!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by aligplaya View Post
    *** i canīt download the games from ipk fetcher he says there no valid url for geostrings !!!
    How about you READ the first post and the comments already posted.....
    For some reason, Palm have turned off this avenue to us.

Back to the old days of only being able to get the Free apps that are designated for you region.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    For some reason, Palm have turned off this avenue to us.

Back to the old days of only being able to get the Free apps that are designated for you region.
    Well, or in the case of us unlucky people with unlocked deveices outised of intended areas, no apps at all
    *sigh*
    I defined the GeoStrings (Free Trial) app to be available in all available regions in the world. Which country are you in where the GeoStrings (Free Trial) version is not available to download in the app catalog?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    Just doubleclick ipkfetcher.jar and the application should start up. If not check if you have the latest Java Runtime Environment. If that doesn't help I can't think of anything else right now.
    Just for completeness,

Blacklight:

1) Thanks for the app it was great before Palm closed the gates!!; Paid apps coming to the eu, at the end of march! ; hopefully, they'll open the gates again for all free apps to be available everywhere after that.

Everyone else:

2) In windows, the app needs to be in it's own directory, with two subdirectories, containing icons and lib.

eg
    C:\IPK Fetcher 1.0 EN>ipkfetcher.jar
    C:\IPK Fetcher 1.0 EN\icons> *.png
    C:\IPK Fetcher 1.0 EN\lib>*.jar

Depending on how it's extracted; the directories may not create.

And as Blacklight points out the url feeds have all been closed. Still it's a nice app to have working, just in case they are ever re-opened.

Tschüs
    Last edited by ianmr65; 03/09/2010 at 09:03 AM.
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmr65 View Post
    Thanks for the app it was great before Palm closed the gates!!; Paid apps coming to the eu, at the end of march! ; hopefully, they'll open the gates again for all free apps to be available everywhere after that.
    Thanks, I also hope that we will see change in the near future..

Quote Originally Posted by ianmr65 View Post
    The app needs to be in it's own directory, with two subdirectories, containing icons and lib

eg
    C:\IPK Fetcher 1.0 EN>ipkfetcher.jar
    C:\IPK Fetcher 1.0 EN\icons> *.png
    C:\IPK Fetcher 1.0 EN\lib>*.jar

Depending on how it's extracted; the directories may not create.
    That's correct, this is also how I packed it. icons and lib folders have to be in the same directory as ipkfetcher.jar.
    If anyone has downloaded the ipk files. Hoping they can upload it and share it.
    I'm just really happy I got to download Facebook before it was too late specially with the new changes...
    And I am crossing my fingers for the end of march, don't forget Honduras Palm! even if I am the only one here with a pre LOL
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    even if I am the only one here with a pre LOL
    That makes you quite special, doesn't it..
    Here in El Salvador want the aplications too... Hope someday this tool resurects
    Hi, this is my first post, i am from mexico, and i have a palm pre since a month a go. I Have a modified version of telcel, so i have the 1.4.5, but i guess this should works to all people around the world.

THIS IS THE NEW WAY TO GET YOUR FREE APPS IF YOU ARE SUFFERING GEOFILTERING

1.- You just use like in old times, the ipk fetcher to see the apps available, them you just install the one what you whant from itself ipk fetcher, ( yes, yes iknow, its just going to give you a bad app, with just 4kb of weight, but keep reading....)..

2.- once time you install it, you now just have to go to the update app, and them you just have to update the app, to the last update ( yes! looks like, the ipk fetcher, gives you an bad app but with the true information about the developer and else..., so you can update it like any other app )

3.- Make a reestart on your phone

4.- Enjoy your new free app

Not badd emm??? if you dont believe me, just tryed, just gonna take you 5 minutes of your time
  17.    #57  
    Em.. well yeah, that's how IPK Fetcher is supposed to work now. I uploaded version 2 in case you haven't noticed, the first version is not available anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    Em.. well yeah, that's how IPK Fetcher is supposed to work now. I uploaded version 2 in case you haven't noticed, the first version is not available anymore

uPPSS!! XD , sorry i didnt read the last part of you first post XD anyway , i guess than like me there is too much people thinking than you cant do it, by all that sad post before mine XD, and XD well i think it feels cool than a someone reborn your old posts xD and ... now i know it, i can share it with all my folks from mexico, cause, maybe there is not more geofilter, but there is a worst barrier, the languaje barrier, and for many its more difficult to understand english than install a geofilter free app
    thanks by this awesome tool!
    Cant find palm catalogue apps with my ipkfetcher, only the preware and beta feed =(

Hilfe plz
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    Cant find palm catalogue apps with my ipkfetcher, only the preware and beta feed =(

Hilfe plz
    I'm just using the feeds from WebOS Internals, but it doesn't really have anything to do with Preware. All apps you find are the official Palm Catalog apps (or official Palm beta apps, depending on the feed you choose).
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast