Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It has to be in the same folder as quick install. At first it didn't work for me because ipkfetcher was in it's own folder.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_POWERS View Post
    It has to be in the same folder as quick install. At first it didn't work for me because ipkfetcher was in it's own folder.
    That shouldn't make any difference, ipkfetcher can be in it's own folder like a normal application.
    Just perfect as I could not get Trapster from France (and I really do not understand why!)

Thanks a lot for this excellent work.
    Feeds not updated. Facebook application still 1.0.0 in IPKFetcher (v1.0)
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Anyone with a link for the new Facebook ipk ?

EDIT: Here it is https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/..._1.1.0_all.ipk
  6.    #26  
    Just be a little patient guys...

The new version is 1.1.0 ...... Edit: ok you figured it out
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    How about proxy support? I can't get the feeds..
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    How about proxy support? I can't get the feeds..
    Thanks for the suggestion, I can't promise anything but I'll have a look at it.
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Danke..
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    That shouldn't make any difference, ipkfetcher can be in it's own folder like a normal application.
    True. Mine is working fine.
    I cant get anything to download, says not a valid url, all i want it for is to get the updated version of p2snippets. when i try to go thru the palm catalog it just hangs at install. had phone replaced, and really need that app back. are all the links now dead?
  12.    #32  
    I edited my first post:

So, it seems like Palm has reacted, currently every link is dead. Wether this is permanent or not doesn't really matter, I actually expected this to happen rather sooner than later. I just hope that the discussion about the questionable and so often unreasonable geo-filtering of (free) apps will not stop until something has changed. That was my goal from the start.

So my message to Palm: please don't forget thousands of very frustrated WebOS users outside of the US. As for me, I don't know how long I'm still willing to miss out.
    they are probably applying the same URL restriction they used for paid apps on free apps now. and they might not budge, simply because of the Hot Apps competition and the loophole this ipk fetcher creates.
    OK so my thoughts. If we can download the ipkg for free apps couldn't we just tweak them to our liking? I don't know how to write code or program but after downloading the free version of dashboard weather i figured it be pretty easy to turn it into the paid version.
    You've always been able to access the package simply by installing it on the device and looking in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/...

Authors need to realise that there is no source code protection for javascript apps. Never has been from day one, and the download links did not change that.

However, that does not give anyone the right to copy and redistribute the code, unless it is an Open Source application.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    All this is just useless sorry. What Rod alluded to is exactly what we used to do (and still can at Palm's PalmOS site) for Palm OS. Why add this added layer of geofiltering? Have they ceded too much control to carriers? If they are, as is said in the Palmcast, "a small company" anytime they shut down avenues for growth are they not shooting themselves in the arch?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by wekya View Post
    All this is just useless sorry. What Rod alluded to is exactly what we used to do (and still can at Palm's PalmOS site) for Palm OS. Why add this added layer of geofiltering? Have they ceded too much control to carriers? If they are, as is said in the Palmcast, "a small company" anytime they shut down avenues for growth are they not shooting themselves in the arch?
    I agree.. all I would like to have now is a statement about this, or preferably a deactivation of the geo filter when paid apps come to Europe this month.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Hilarious and very sad at the same time that Palm fights some of its own customers from having a full user experience.
    Users who bought a legit unlocked device and paid upfront for it.

Ive been geofiltered from the normal App Catalog for 2 months now, prior to that it used to work.
    I loved Blacklights tool as it finally gave me the possibility to install free apps.

Instead of locking down users even more how about if they sat down and discussed why it happends?

Is it too much to ask that we get access to the free apps in the app catalog.
    Last edited by Andreas; 03/06/2010 at 04:22 AM.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Instead of locking down users even more how about if they sat down and discussed why it happends?
    I sure hope they did that. Just think ahead, even with the PDK and paid apps coming... when there are 10.000 apps in the US, will there be only 5000 for the rest of the world?

Please keep in mind though that Palm has a business plan... so, any changes have to be elaborated very carefully, they can't just say "ok, screw the geo-filter, we turned it off". We will have to see what happens now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Hilarious and very sad at the same time that Palm fights some of its own customers from having a full user experience.
    Users who bought a legit unlocked device and paid upfront for it.
    Damn, I knew it was too good to last. I guess it will be a matter of time though till enterprising users find out the new URL of the free apps. Is this recorded somewhere in the db files?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast