1.    #1  
    So I used everything I have read and COULD NOT get rid of a few patches. ALSO I got frustrated with trying to get rid of my theme I had. SOOO I just when ahead and installed the 1.4 Update. I did not have any problems previous till this update and having to do this. I figured if I was going to have to use WebOS doctor, I was going to give it a shot and see what happeneds.

With the reset to the default with the WebOS doctor, does that erase numbers as well?

I know there are threads on this but not combined with all of this and with all the searching ive done today, I got tired of searching
    Erase numbers? Like contacts' phone numbers? No.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Erase numbers? Like contacts' phone numbers? No.
    what all does it erase? because if thats the case and it just puts it back to new, I wont mind using webos doc and starting from scratch.. would I lose pics too?
    Quote Originally Posted by gav91183 View Post
    what all does it erase? because if thats the case and it just puts it back to new, I wont mind using webos doc and starting from scratch.. would I lose pics too?
    just doctoring actually wont fix your patches issue by itself. you need to do a full erase first, then doctor.

be sure to do a backup first (using the backup app), then be sure to backup anything you want from your usb partition (music, videos, pictures, etc).

it will prompt you to put in your palm profile information, and it will download back your contacts, apps, etc. but it wont restore pictures, music, videos, call logs, text messages. also it wont restore patches, homebrew apps, etc...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    just doctoring actually wont fix your patches issue by itself. you need to do a full erase first, then doctor.

be sure to do a backup first (using the backup app), then be sure to backup anything you want from your usb partition (music, videos, pictures, etc).

it will prompt you to put in your palm profile information, and it will download back your contacts, apps, etc. but it wont restore pictures, music, videos, call logs, text messages. also it wont restore patches, homebrew apps, etc...
    sorry im kinda new to this if you couldnt tell.. is there a way to back up my texts?

on a side note, just resetted the phone after the 1.4 update.. at the home screen..lets see what happens, could be interesting..
  6.    #6  
    all that what to do for nothing... so far so goo, everything seems to be working!

How do i set it up to be a wifi hotspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by gav91183 View Post
    all that what to do for nothing... so far so goo, everything seems to be working!
    Great! Glad to hear it!

How do i set it up to be a wifi hotspot?
    If you're on Verizon, I think its just an app you run.

If you're on Sprint:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html

OR

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
  8.    #8  
    everything has been working but now SLLLOOOWWWW and lags like a mofo.. just started a new thread