Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Every day, after school I have track and I leave my phone in my locker. By this time my phone is 70-80% and that's fair. So I leave my phone for an hour or two and EVERY day I come back it's down to 45% or less and I ALWAYS have a notification. Is this drain in battery due to me having a notification and the light flashing?
    Quote Originally Posted by cowkong View Post
    Every day, after school I have track and I leave my phone in my locker. By this time my phone is 70-80% and that's fair. So I leave my phone for an hour or two and EVERY day I come back it's down to 45% or less and I ALWAYS have a notification. Is this drain in battery due to me having a notification and the light flashing?
    It could also be from low signal in your locker.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    yea same thing happened to me I had gym I put my phone in my locker and it died from low signal and the low sgnal made a lot of heat so make sure to turn the phone radio off.(sorry for the run-on sentence)
    I don't think that one LED draws enough juice to drain the battery any significant amount. Just IMO.
    while in the locker put it in airplane mode
    It's not the LED, it's ur locker killing reception.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I havent done anything differently but my battery life is significantly WORSE since moving to 1.4. There's nothing different about my phone, my apps, my usage, or my location. I leave my phone in the same spot at my desk all day like I used to, but when I get home, instead of having 70% left I now have 40% left. It's a major difference and I havent changed anything! Very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billfan View Post
    I havent done anything differently but my battery life is significantly WORSE since moving to 1.4. There's nothing different about my phone, my apps, my usage, or my location. I leave my phone in the same spot at my desk all day like I used to, but when I get home, instead of having 70% left I now have 40% left. It's a major difference and I havent changed anything! Very frustrating.

Try updating your network settings and the PRL in the phone app preferences.
    Reception for sure.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowkong View Post
    Well, there is quite a simple test to resolve this. Tomorrow before putting your phone in you locker, just turn the LED notification off. My guess is with the rest of the responses above -- its reception, not the LED that is killing your battery.

LEDs take amazingly little power to light, I bet the LED could flash several million times before you would even notice any drain on your battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by billfan View Post
    funny, I was gonna post the opposite. I normally have 30% or less this time of night. All things were equal, played on it the whole bus ride(30mins) work is slow the first 2 hours so I played for another 20-30mins sent 10+ txts, browsed precentral and tech crunch on both lunches and also took a 7 min call. All normal usage. I have 53% right now.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.