1.    #1  
    My Pre has not done a backup since upgrading to 1.4. Before the update, backups were every night at 9:00 pm. I just ran a manual backup; it seemed to work fine.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Same here.

Any ideas?
    Backup is working for me. I updated my phone Saturday. My last backup was early this morning (Tuesday).

I have experienced backup problems a couple of times in the past. In those situations, I found that a manual backup was not enough. I have to turn backup off, erase backup, and then turn backup back on again.
    Hmmm, just checked mine and same thing. I saw this previously in 1.3.5.1 and what worked was that I turned off Backups (and that also erased my Palm backup from their servers) and then I enabled backups again then manually backed up my Pre. Afterwards, my Pre started backups again but that didn't work this time for 1.4.... hmmm?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    My backups have been normal under 1.4.

BLiip
    Working fine here, but then again I dont patch.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Backup is working for me. I updated my phone Saturday. My last backup was early this morning (Tuesday).

I have experienced backup problems a couple of times in the past. In those situations, I found that a manual backup was not enough. I have to turn backup off, erase backup, and then turn backup back on again.
    Thanks - I have followed your suggestion. Hopefully that takes care of the issue. You are right - this happened a few months back.

Kind of ashamed we have to monitor our backups so closely. One never knows when a restore is in one's future.