Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    After updating to 1.4 my WiFi stopped working. it will not load any pages. error 2006

    I web os doctored my phone to 1.3, still not working.

    I updated to 1.4, still not working.

    I web os doctored my phone to 1.4, still not working.

    i got my MSL and hard reset my phone and ALL data... still not working.

    I went to sprint, got a NEW Pre... WiFi still not working.


    What else can i do? i have EPK'd my phone... reinstalled patches, removed patches....

    I should have a bare bones pre now right? I mean it is a Brand New device, it has NEVER been attached to my computer.

    Are there some files that are forever tied to my palm account that i can not remove?

    This MUST be tied to PreWare ( which I Love). But, how can i start over?

    Please help!
  2. #2  
    If your new Pre is still not connecting to wifi, then I'd be looking somewhere other than the Pre for the problem.
  3.    #3  
    i have 4 WiFi signals to try. ( i'm in an apartment complex) and one is my router. my mp3 player connects to them all, my pc connects to them all, my Laptops connect to them all.

    This only started after 1.4 was installed.

    Also, i have 5 pages, not the default 4. So... this tells me some files (or patches) are carried over the air tied to your profile.
  4. #4  
    make sure ur routers working....
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by icaboy View Post
    i have 4 WiFi signals to try. ( i'm in an apartment complex) and one is my router. my mp3 player connects to them all, my pc connects to them all, my Laptops connect to them all.

    This only started after 1.4 was installed.
    Oh.

    Were you running Preware prior to and after the installation of 1.4? Or just after?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Oh.

    Were you running Preware prior to and after the installation of 1.4? Or just after?
    I was running it prior to and after.
  7. #7  
    Well, you may want to try Doctoring to 1.2.1 then Doctor again to 1.4. It'll take a while because you'll need to go through the activation process with 1.2.1 and then 1.4, but it's worth a try.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Well, you may want to try Doctoring to 1.2.1 then Doctor again to 1.4. It'll take a while because you'll need to go through the activation process with 1.2.1 and then 1.4, but it's worth a try.
    i did that from 1.3. is there something different about 1.2?
  9. #9  
    i'm sure you already did this but just in case, same thing was happening to me after update, i had to go to wifi preferences and reenter my router's security code and it was okay afterwards and I have a gazzilion patches installed (although in my case, it detected the wifi connection but says "authentication failed" initially)...hope your 3G is good at home, kinda sucks not to have wifi
  10. #10  
    I have the same issue that I posted to the Palm support forums: wifi broken after the 1.4 update! - Palm Support Community

    It seems to be a very small minority that this is happening to. icaboy, have you tried turning off encryption on your router yet to see if it works? That was the only way I got WiFi to work on my Pre. However, I wouldn't really consider that a solution since leaving a wireless connection unsecured is never a good thing. I wonder why only a select few are experiencing this...
  11.    #11  
    It seems to be a very small minority that this is happening to. icaboy, have you tried turning off encryption on your router yet to see if it works? That was the only way I got WiFi to work on my Pre. However, I wouldn't really consider that a solution since leaving a wireless connection unsecured is never a good thing. I wonder why only a select few are experiencing this...[/QUOTE]

    I haven't, but i have unsecured networks to connect to, even then it does not work. but, either way, that is not a fix, ya know?

    Pretty frustrating... i wish SOMEONE knew a way to just reset EVERYTHING.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by icaboy View Post
    It seems to be a very small minority that this is happening to. icaboy, have you tried turning off encryption on your router yet to see if it works? That was the only way I got WiFi to work on my Pre. However, I wouldn't really consider that a solution since leaving a wireless connection unsecured is never a good thing. I wonder why only a select few are experiencing this...
    I haven't, but i have unsecured networks to connect to, even then it does not work. but, either way, that is not a fix, ya know?

    Pretty frustrating... i wish SOMEONE knew a way to just reset EVERYTHING.[/QUOTE]
    doct to 1.2 .... the diff between 1.2 and 1.3 is that 1.2 doctors the entire phone including usb drive where as 1.3 only doctors the core system...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    doct to 1.2 .... the diff between 1.2 and 1.3 is that 1.2 doctors the entire phone including usb drive where as 1.3 only doctors the core system...
    Not sure if you clicked my link to the Palm support forums, but I did state that I did a full secure erase and ran the WebOS Doctor. Wouldn't that be the same thing as using the 1.2 doctor?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai mike View Post
    Not sure if you clicked my link to the Palm support forums, but I did state that I did a full secure erase and ran the WebOS Doctor. Wouldn't that be the same thing as using the 1.2 doctor?
    generally I would say yes... But it's not.. This will overwrite everything with 1.2... Sometimes.. Don't ask me why ... But for one reason or another a full erase still leaves things over... Doctoring to 1.2 will leave no tace of 1.4 or anything else... Than you can do a clean update to 1.4
  15.    #15  
    I went back to 1.2

    WiFi working perfect.

    I updated to 1.4

    Wifi quit again.

    This is ridiculous.

    Here is the crazy part. If i open a site (let's say Yahoo! ) with 3g THEN switch to wifi, it works.

    But if i open another site with WiFi BEFORE i have it open with 3g it will not connect.

    I am not a network genius, but it seems like wifi will not create a connection, but once a handshake ( from evdo / 3g) has been completed, it is fine.

    I am giving palm one week to fix this or I am getting an android device.
  16. #16  
    I just notice I have this problem too. I never use Wifi but I was in a hotel that offered free Wifi so I tried. My Pre connected to the Wifi but I couldn't surf the web. This 1.4 is starting to be more of a problem then an enhancement update. Lol
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by icaboy View Post
    I went back to 1.2

    WiFi working perfect.

    I updated to 1.4

    Wifi quit again.

    This is ridiculous.

    Here is the crazy part. If i open a site (let's say Yahoo! ) with 3g THEN switch to wifi, it works.

    But if i open another site with WiFi BEFORE i have it open with 3g it will not connect.

    I am not a network genius, but it seems like wifi will not create a connection, but once a handshake ( from evdo / 3g) has been completed, it is fine.

    I am giving palm one week to fix this or I am getting an android device.
    Same here. I decided to doctor to 1.2 and then update to 1.4. I connected to my router on 1.2, and no issues. Once I went to 1.4, didn't work. I haven't had a chance to try someone else's wireless connection, so there is a possibility 1.4 does not play well with certain configurations or router models. Still sucks though.
  18. PDAGuy#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #18  
    For those of you that haven't already, can you please post on Palm's support forums, including details on what type of AP you have, encyption being used, etc. Re: wifi broken after the 1.4 update! - Palm Support Community Thanks!
  19. #19  
    I hope this helps

    After seeing this post, I decided to check all 3 of my pres. My pre as well as my sons were working fine but my wifes wasn't. I tried just about everything mentioned but it didn't work, it kept saying ip config failed.

    I then took my wife's pre and entered everything in manually gateway etc., and it now works fine. I don't know alot about PC's, wifi or phones, but it worked for me so I hope this helps someone.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    I then took my wife's pre and entered everything in manually gateway etc., and it now works fine. I don't know alot about PC's, wifi or phones, but it worked for me so I hope this helps someone.
    Didn't work for me, but thanks for the tip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions