Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just have to complain but my Pre had a crack not caused by me and a piece fell off. Sprint said I caused it even though I have never dropped my Pre. I got a new one after paying $100. Did the update and my Wi-Fi through work and home did not work. Called Sprint and they suggested the device was defective and that I should return it. I decided to change the IP address because I figured something on my network may be associating the IP to the previous associated device. This fixed the issue. I now have Wi-Fi at home although work may be tricky. Hope this helps and if you have cracks on your phone, go to Palm directly. I guess I have to live and learn. Cheers!!!
    icaboy, this sounds like a dns problem. connecting to 3G first probably let's your pre get the ip address of the site. Once you get the ip then your wifi works. Try going directly to the ip address. For me Yahoo! resolves to 87.248.122.122, try that in your pre browser to see if it works before connecting 3g.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Some of my wi-fi devices don't connect to my wi-fi-router if it is in auto-protcol mode (IEEE 802.11b / g / n / Super G). They only work if the router is set to IEEE 802.11b or g.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    icaboy, this sounds like a dns problem. connecting to 3G first probably let's your pre get the ip address of the site. Once you get the ip then your wifi works. Try going directly to the ip address. For me Yahoo! resolves to 87.248.122.122, try that in your pre browser to see if it works before connecting 3g.
    I have exactly the same problem (browser doesn't work when it starts with Wi-Fi, but it does if you start with EVDO, and other programs are somehow able to get data through Wi-Fi from the beginning), but only when the Wi-Fi signal is encrypted. I found this out by turning off the encryption on my router...the problem went away. Weird. I can't figure out why encryption would make DNS difficult but allow data throughput.
    I had all the same problems, but it finally worked after I set my router to enable SSID broadcast, instead of disable. Not preferred security-wise, but interesting to have it work now with only that change. If I disable it, I lose wifi again.
    Last edited by roofer2; 03/18/2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I wifi seems more out then the rest. It turns on, but doesn't find any networks. I know they're there, I am using them w/other devices. Another issue is that my screen will not turn on by hitting a key or the button below screen. Have to use on off button!
    Anyone having problems where the wifi is slower than 3G? This seems to be new, since 1.4 where the speedtest results are verry poor 384k range... I was seeing in the 2M range for the past year.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have learned the if I am w/in 3 feet of my router, I get normal performance... I think to save battery life they turned the performance of the radio down. Check it out, start at 10 feet and move closer to you AP....
    Quote Originally Posted by roofer2 View Post
    I had all the same problems, but it finally worked after I set my router to enable SSID broadcast, instead of disable. Not preferred security-wise, but interesting to have it work now with only that change. If I disable it, I lose wifi again.
    No worries, security wise hiding your SSID isn't making you real secure. You should do MAC filtering if your real paranoid, but WPA is enough with a strong PSK. The people that really want to crack wireless networks can even "see" hidden ones.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    I am having range problems. I have to be with in about 10 feet of the wireless router. It works like a champ if I am that close. Running 1.4.

I have seen similar hit and misses from Palm's forum. Someone else with the exact same symptom as mine.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I was having tis issue and after reading the palm forum thread, I tried the manual ip setting with the open dns server, and turn off the 'stay on in sleep mode' setting and it seems to be working now.. interesting that the wifi in sleep mode was added and this issue started at the same time..
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Please go to the palm thread and follow their advice for sending logs. I was patient till after the 1.4.1.1 update that did nothing to help us. My issue is range and I have tried numerous routers all with the same response, nothing except w/in about 2 feet. Can they turn radio down? and if so, why can't they just to a quick update to get it back? Also anyone else having the same blue-tooth issues? that would lend credence to turning radios down?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
    Please go to the palm thread and follow their advice for sending logs. I was patient till after the 1.4.1.1 update that did nothing to help us. My issue is range and I have tried numerous routers all with the same response, nothing except w/in about 2 feet. Can they turn radio down? and if so, why can't they just to a quick update to get it back? Also anyone else having the same blue-tooth issues? that would lend credence to turning radios down?
    Iing the EXACT same issues. Wifi does not pick up and networks even though I know there are some available. In addition my Motorola S9 no longer can stay connected via bluetooth for more than a minute. This all started around 1.4.
    I'm having the same issue...wifi says ip config failed for any network I try.....this is getting very annoying fast.....its been way too long without a resolution.
    See...i thought i was the only one who had issues with WiFi. Right after i doctored to 1.4, my WiFi started messing up and disconnecting on its own. I left the sleep setting on "Keep WiFi On", but it still disconnects on its own.
    U guys better off than I. For one month a non functional phone. Now no 3G or wifi. really sad. Working on how to right this
    upgrade my pre to 1.4 and now I dont have wifi?

Is this not strange?

Can any one help or should I call my warranty in....
    I'm still getting this issue on a Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0!! Anyone know how to diagnose this?
    I dont want to use the Palm any longer without Wifi.
    Im using the Palm for 1 month with this bug and I even got a new one.
    Its time for a Motorola Milestone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12