1.    #1  
    i've only been getting this after 1.4. Anyone else getting this?

When my phone is asleep and I open the slider to awake it, it sometimes takes 2-3 seconds to get the screen up.
    Same thing when I have the slider already open and I click on any button to awake it, it will have a long pause before the screen comes up. Never happened before 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    i've only been getting this after 1.4. Anyone else getting this?

When my phone is asleep and I open the slider to awake it, it sometimes takes 2-3 seconds to get the screen up.
    Same thing when I have the slider already open and I click on any button to awake it, it will have a long pause before the screen comes up. Never happened before 1.4.
    I have noticed this as well, happens all the time, sometimes I wonder if the phone screen will even turn on, and then it does. Only since 1.4, didn't do it before as you said.
    i have the same thing happen time to time but as long as it wakes up it's no biggie for me
    I have noticed this as well. Very annoying.
  5.    #5  
    I agree it's not that big of a deal, more of a nitpick than anything. It would be nice if everything was a little smoother. I really don't see 1.4 bringing any less lag than before

btw, i love the phone, no need to defend this by claiming your phone has less lag with 1.4. I don't see it in mine.
    Have not yet seen this on my Pre.
    This happens to me on 1.4 as well. However, in fairness to 1.4, I can confirm it happened to me on 1.3.5.1 as well.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I have this on 1.4 and not previously. When I pickup the phone to use I get the same thing , it almost makes me think the phone has shut itself off.... not a good thing..
    This happens to me occasionally, only after 1.4

I'm trying to notice any pattern, since it's only occasional. Like having a largish app going or something.
    +1 occasionally

BLiip1234
    Sometimes I get this and then it restarts Luna if it takes too long

Ex. One time it took between...4-6 seconds? and I saw the screen for a split second, not backlit, and then Luna restarted.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    i get this problem. i wonder if it has to do with a patch, probably just a bug though
    No patches. Have had this happen a couple times.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    my pre has also been doing that. It happened occasionally with 1.3.5.1, but more often now. And at least once a day, the phone just restarts out of nowhere. I doctored yesterday, but still got a random restart today.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    No patches here, and I get the same thing ... my only guess is they changed the priority in the code to check for notifications (perhaps related to the blink LED light) before they display the last thing on the screen.

Always pays to think like a developer to figure out problems ... I bet this is addressed in the next update... but thats my 2 cents
    It happened with 1.3.5.1 a couple times. I thought it was a battery issue. It has now happened several times with 1.4 and caused a couple Luna restarts.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    There have been a few threads about the Luna restarting issue, but this is the first I've seen about the screen just taking a while to come on. It wouldn't surprise me if they are related. Palm tech support had me do a partial erase and it seems like it fixed the problem.