Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm just easily amused by flashing lights...

I just noticed my wife's Pre and and mine sitting next to each other, the blink notifications were distinctly different. Her's was blinking twice rapidly mine was blinking slow (like with the old patch).

Well apparently it blinks twice fast if you have unread email, and once slow for SMS. A very intuitive way to glance at the phone and know what notification it is letting you know about w/o turning it on.

Very cool Palm!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Uploaded a vid to YouTube here incase anyone wanted to see:

Last edited by LateNiteWithJme; 03/02/2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Hmmm. Mine seems reversed. Haven't observed any rhyme or reason for the two types of LED blinks. And I've been watching it all the time.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Maybe I'm just easily amused by flashing lights...

I just noticed my wife's Pre and and mine sitting next to each other, the blink notifications were distinctly different. Her's was blinking twice rapidly mine was blinking slow (like with the old patch).

Well apparently it blinks twice fast if you have unread email, and once slow for SMS. A very intuitive way to glance at the phone and know what notification it is letting you know about w/o turning it on.

Very cool Palm!
    Didn't realize it, but now that you mention that..you're right! I get one slooooow Blink for SMS & 2 fast for email.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Well apparently it blinks twice fast if you have unread email, and once slow for SMS.
    Not exactly... this feature is actually just a bug...

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Hmmm. Mine seems reversed. Haven't observed any rhyme or reason for the two types of LED blinks. And I've been watching it all the time.
    Exactly... if you want to chime in on the official Palm forum, do so here. And even more helpful would be to suggest they fix the behavior in the form here.
    This annoying blinking is a bug?..............SO how do you turn it off!!!! THIS IS FREAKIN ANNOYING and BRIGHT!!!!
    its not a bug but to turn it off go to screen & lock and turn off led notifications
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    its not a bug but to turn it off go to screen & lock and turn off led notifications
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by melindawarren View Post
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Thanks!!!
    yup!! It worked!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by melindawarren View Post
    This annoying blinking is a bug?..............SO how do you turn it off!!!! THIS IS FREAKIN ANNOYING and BRIGHT!!!!
    The only time I cold see it may be annoying is maybe at night while sleeping in a dark room. Still it would be nice to know if someone was sending me a text. My phone is mostly on vibrate and there have been many times I have missed something and see the light to inform me that something has ocured. Curious why you say that. Could you explain a time when it would be? Inquiry minds want to know. lol
    Interesting find. I'm surpised it wasn't brought up before. That's the one thing I could not live without after owning a BB for 2 years -LED notifications. Really glad Palm saw fit to *officially* bring this into WebOS.

What happens if you get both an e-mail and SMS? Does it blink with whatever was received last?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Just know with all that blinking the battery drains even faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    The only time I cold see it may be annoying is maybe at night while sleeping in a dark room. Still it would be nice to know if someone was sending me a text. My phone is mostly on vibrate and there have been many times I have missed something and see the light to inform me that something has ocured. Curious why you say that. Could you explain a time when it would be? Inquiry minds want to know. lol
    LOL!! Because YES! I leave my phone on the touchstone all night as my clock. I have the notification come up on my screen as well, I set it up this way the day I got my Pre. I would love if there was a auto option that these could be turn off between what ever time of the day I wanted. Other than that I really love the notifications. Still no crazy about the blinking light.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Seems to me that you would like to discriminate between email, SMS, missed calls, IMs, etc. You might also want to discriminate by caller, email sender, email urgency, subject string, etc. For people that get 100s of emails a day the current implementation is kinda useless -- unless you want to know when the mail server is down
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Don't get out much?
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Seems to me that you would like to discriminate between email, SMS, missed calls, IMs, etc. You might also want to discriminate by caller, email sender, email urgency, subject string, etc. For people that get 100s of emails a day the current implementation is kinda useless -- unless you want to know when the mail server is down
    Patches already do most of that
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    Patches already do most of that
    I've been avoiding Preware as long as posssible, but might start playing with patches if I could get notifications for missed calls, SMS messages and filtered messages.

Can anybody describe specifically what patches are available and what they each do?
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Don't get out much?
    hehe. yeah, after rereading my post, it does sound like that.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    The only time I cold see it may be annoying is maybe at night while sleeping in a dark room.
    Exactly. The Pre is my alarm clock so it lives nearby when I'm sleeping.
    It woke me up the other night with that stupid blinking LED due to
    receiving some spam email.

ian
    I've seen mine blink twice fast as well as slow for a text message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast