Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBKPRE View Post
    Just know with all that blinking the battery drains even faster
    Exactly how much power do you think the Pre's center LED draws and how does that compare to the overall power drain of the Pre in standby?

Hint: It's a non-factor. The LED could be on permanently and there would not be a noticeable difference in battery life.
    I get double blink notification for both email and text..usually...sometimes I get no notification blink at all.

Unless thats when my phone is randomly rebooting...
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I've been avoiding Preware as long as posssible, but might start playing with patches if I could get notifications for missed calls, SMS messages and filtered messages.

Can anybody describe specifically what patches are available and what they each do?
    you would be here for a wek trying to explain each and every patch ,with like 250 of them or so lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    I get double blink notification for both email and text..usually...sometimes I get no notification blink at all.

Unless thats when my phone is randomly rebooting...
    I like the sarcasim lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It seems to me that there are 3 leds under the gesture area, why wouldn't palm use the other 2?
    I think that any blinking should involve a short off time. At the moment, with an off time of almost 2 seconds, if you glance quicky at the phone, you can quite easily miss the fact that it is blinking.
    I kind of like the 'heart beat' blinking. However, I wish it was at least 25% less bright.
    I've been avoiding Preware as long as posssible, but might start playing with patches if I could get notifications for missed calls, SMS messages and filtered messages.

Can anybody describe specifically what patches are available and what they each do?
    tons and tons and tons of patches are available. anywhere from adding the percentage that your battery is at to the top bar, to adding more pages to the launcher, changing the default email text color from blue to black, adding options like gps on/off roaming on/off phone on/off to the pull down menu. just lots of customization

the blinking notification light patch has been in there for a couple of months too.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBKPRE View Post
    Just know with all that blinking the battery drains even faster
    by .00000000000000000000000001% an hour maybe. its a tiny led light. i dont see it making that big of a dent.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I've seen mine blink twice fast as well as slow for a text message.
    I've seen no rhyme or reason, either. My husband and I have tested a few things, but none seem to be consistent. At first, I thought I got the double-blink for text when my slider was open, but screen was off. We tested a few times, slider closed and opened, and that seemed to be the case. But waking up one morning, I had rec'd a text, slider closed, screen locked, and it was a double-blink.

Also, I've noticed that when slider is closed, screen locked, and i get a notification, it turns my screen back on completely. It didn't used to do this, and I don't like it. If the screen is locked, it used to light up for a sec (with the lock) to let me know something came in, then quickly turn off. Now it turns on my screen, unlocked, and leaves it on for the set time in the Screen & Lock settings. Not liking that at all. Wastes battery.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Last night my SMS went to the double blink, so it is indeed random. Odd but kind of funny too. :P

Is this just happening on the non-plus models?
    Seems to me that you would like to discriminate between email, SMS, missed calls, IMs, etc. You might also want to discriminate by caller, email sender, email urgency, subject string, etc. For people that get 100s of emails a day the current implementation is kinda useless -- unless you want to know when the mail server is down
    There was a patch for 1.3 that shut off LED notifications for email, and I found it quite useful . . . for emails, the LED's basically constantly on, but I don't get all that many SMS messages, etc.

Don't think it's ported to 1.4 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    It seems to me that there are 3 leds under the gesture area, why wouldn't palm use the other 2?
    The Pre Plus, the Pixi, and the Pixi Plus only have one LED (the LED strip), so I guess Palm did it to be uniform among all their current models.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    The Pre Plus, the Pixi, and the Pixi Plus only have one LED (the LED strip), so I guess Palm did it to be uniform among all their current models.
    Um that's not true if they only had one led then the bar would only light one. But they do more than light up they fade from one side to another depending on the gesture.

The light bars are more than one led, there at least 3 maybe more that give it the night rider effect found on the front of kit..
    There isn't any rhyme or reason to my blinking either.

Fast for texts, slow for texts, fast for emails, slow for emails.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I've seen no consistency on the the blinking either. I thought it was 1 blink for SMS and 2 blinks for missed calls and other stuff, but I was wrong. Heck I've seen mine do a single blink then the next blink would be a double blink for a single text message. I get a ton of email so I run the disable LED notification for EMAIL patch which works fine on 1.4 BTW.

No, there are hundreds of patches. Nobody is going to take the time to describe every single one and what they do. Each patch in the feed has a description, though. Install it and take a look. You can also get information in the forum threads for the patches.

Honestly, there is no reason to avoid Preware...it is completely safe and it is excellent.
    The only time I've seen my Pre blink twice is after my LED was blinking for nine hours (I fell asleep - and, no, the blinking did not drain my battery). Otherwise, it just does the single fade in/out blink ... which is fun to watch, LOL.
    Ok, so the blinking is a great idea, and mad props for Palm finally making it standard. However, something that would be awesome is if, like the BB, you could configure a length of time that it would blink for. So you could have it blink for, say, 2 minutes and then stop blinking. As of yesterday, I didn't see a new patch that would do this (could have missed it, tough), but I expect there's probably one on the way. If not, for all you patch builders, I think it would definitely be something people would use.

And for the Preware-phobic person. DOWNLOAD IT!!! It'll blow your mind and change your freaking life.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12