Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I know this is kind of old news, and I meant to upload these earlier, but I took a few shots of the Palm Ads around Times Square when I went (last month).

The last night shot is from a train (MBTA) stop in Canton, MA (if you don't know where that is, don't worry, neither do I).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Still haven't seen any here in the Lou.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I saw one before Avatar at Cineworld in the UK - I was *shocked* to see it. First Palm ad I've seen other than on the TV. It made the Pre look cool, but it didn't show you anything about WebOS or what the phone actually does.
    "Life moves fast, don't miss a thing."

Like it.

Maybe we can co-ordinate some sort of facebook-status-bombing of this to make some sort of viral advertising. Anyone?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    How about an ad showing the Touchstone. That is cool as s***. I don't think any other phone does that. That commerical alone would sell a lot of phones.
    print ads have crept up all over Minneapolis quite shocked.... they seem to have replaced all the ads for the droid. sides of buses, billboards, bus stops, watch a bus roll by with an ad and after it passed a billboard was right behind it.... took long enough but I will say the ads look sharp just wonder if its too little to late
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Today on the radio I heard an ad from Palm for the Pixi.

It had some girl talking about how she upgraded to a Pixi for less than a hundred dollars.
    Then it mentioned how the Pixi had a new facebook app, which I found interesting because I haven't seen one.
    (This might also add to the rumor about a new facebook app. The one that was started because of the ad someone posted with a phone running a facebook app we don't have)

Then it said you can upgrade on Sprint or Verizon and to visit palm.com/pixi for more details.

I live in Southern California by the way.
    I know the Pixi is inferior to the Pre, but the girls really like it down here.
    I know at least 5 girls that want to switch to the Pixi. My sister already did.
    I tried to convince them all to get the Pre because of 3d games, flash, etc.
    They could care less, they like the Pixi because it's "cute."

Oh well! Either way they decide it's good for Palm!
    I live in Chicago.

I seen a bunch of Pre ads when it first laucnhed for Sprint. Than seen a bunch of commercials for the Verizon mom ads.

Now, I'm seeing a lot of commercials for the Pre Plus on TV, same w/ online. Like ads and stuff.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'm finding tons of print ads in the bigger subway stations in NYC including Grand Central, Union Square and Atlantic Station. Multiple lit posters and Palm banners. They have a very noticeable presence here
    At least one of the 4 central downtown stations in Boston (Park St, intersection of the Red and Green lines) is 100% sold to Palm advertising. (The ads are like the one that SirataXero posted from Canton, MA. The entrance to the station staircase and turnstiles got additional large banner ads.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    There are a huge, & I mean, huge number of Palm Pre & Pixi ads up in Boston. I noticed them first on Bus shelters, even in the neighborhoods.The first I noticed was in Hyde Park, probably not a hotbed of advertising dollars. Now, it's just shocking. I counted yesterday a run of panels in the Park St Station alone, of 40, each with two ads. I bet I saw a thousand ads yesterday overall.
    **edit**
    Doh! Sudoer beat me to the punch...
    Haven't seen any in my area of Maryland.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    It's only inferior for your needs. As a blanket statement it is far from accurate since everyone has different needs or requirements. For those that could care less about 3D games, the better form factor, build quality, weight, size and ( a huge and here) the CLEARLY superior keyboard can outweigh the bigger screen, slightly more zip and 3d games.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    I know the Pixi is inferior to the Pre, but the girls really like it down here.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    For kids mostly sending texts its probably perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    It's only inferior for your needs. As a blanket statement it is far from accurate since everyone has different needs or requirements. For those that could care less about 3D games, the better form factor, build quality, weight, size and ( a huge and here) the CLEARLY superior keyboard can outweigh the bigger screen, slightly more zip and 3d games.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I seen 2 palm pre billboards this last weekend. 1 on the 92 just before getting on the San Mateo bridge in hayward and another one in San mateo or foster city....oh yea I'm in the bay area...east bay.
    in miami i have seen only two ads (im not saying there arent any more) - one in a bus, and the other in a bus stop.
    I've seen them all over Los Angeles over the last few weeks.
    See Palm adds all over the place here in Philly. Mostly on bus stop shelters(mainly Palm Pixi's) & a few buses.
    for email and text centric business people. For people that don't care for sliders or for ones that are poorly designed and built. For people who's time is more valuable then to spend it worrying about 3d games. For people that need more of a business oriented device where the experience of the larger screen is more fluff than necessity. For people that don't want to carry around a pebbly brick. There's a reason why the thumb board candy bar form factor in general is a winner. There's a reason why Microsoft sees it as necessary and has it in their plans for their win7 phone. There's a reason why BB's are still so successful. Palm's the one that screwed up by making it and marketing it originally as a "starter" phone and then realizing they were dumb and put wifi on the Pixi Plus trying to bring it up to snuff. Heck, they tried to bring the Pre up to snuff and still couldn't get the keyboard right even when they had the perfect model in their "lesser" phone.

Such a typical Pre Snob response. Makes me glad I ditched mine early on.
    |
    |
    \|/
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    For kids mostly sending texts its probably perfect.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I was leaving O'Hare airport today and driving away from the main terminal, just before you get to the Interstate on-ramps, was a BIG billboard with the Pre and Pixi. Couldn't take a picture because of airport traffic, but it was great placement (except for being way the heck up in the air).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast