Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I live in San Jose and Sunnyvale where PALM HQ is is only like 8 minutes drive from my house. I see AD's all over the place. All the Bus Stations, ect have Palm Pixi and Palm Pre AD's
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    for email and text centric business people...

...Such a typical Pre Snob response. Makes me glad I ditched mine early on.
    |
    |
    \|/
    Cool story bro. I like my Pre, heck of a lot more than I would like a Pixi. What Palm did is done, and this isn't the place to complain about it.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    they are all over downtown miami and south beach. not the small ones either, freaking huge ones.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    It's only inferior for your needs. As a blanket statement it is far from accurate since everyone has different needs or requirements. For those that could care less about 3D games, the better form factor, build quality, weight, size and ( a huge and here) the CLEARLY superior keyboard can outweigh the bigger screen, slightly more zip and 3d games.
    What I meant was the Pre has more under the hood.
    I have nothing against the Pixi and was in no way bashing it.

It may be able to outweigh the 3d games.
    What about these other things?

- Wifi (Glad to see the Pixi plus added wifi, but if you're on Sprint, you get none)
    - Nes, GBA, GBC emulators
    - Flash

Not trying to start a debate, but I guess I already kind of did.
    There really isn't a reason for a debate, the Pre is a superior phone.
    While Pixi may be better for you or others, that doesn't make it a better overall phone.

If the Pixi had Wifi, Flash, Emulators, 3d games, etc...then yes the debate would be whether you liked the larger screen and slider vs. the Pixi form factor.
    The Pre isn't that large though, it's smaller than the Pixi length wise and only a bit more depth.

I'd probably own a Pixi if it had a little larger screen and support for things I mentioned above. I agree the Pixi is a solid phone, I like the form factor.
    Ya, I'm seeing a lot of ad's in SF. I jsut saw a bus plastered with Palm all over it. Its good that they are pushing their name out.
    yeah a lot of them in downtown miami. I even heard the same radio ad that was mentioned a few messages ago.
    Holy crap! Canton, MA... my home town. Never thought I'd ever hear it get mentioned anywhere.

Anyways, Palm ads are ALL over Boston, MA.
    saw a palm pre ad at a bus stop in chicago
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    they need TV ads!!
    not complaining per say? You were just equating the Pixi to a toy for kids when you're just flat out wrong. I was merely pointing out why. Enjoy your Pre and have a nice day, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Cool story bro. I like my Pre, heck of a lot more than I would like a Pixi. What Palm did is done, and this isn't the place to complain about it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Not Only in downtown Miami ,also in Kendall close to Dadeland mall huge one ads
    Did you miss the excellent Verizon commercials? Thousand times better than all of the Sprint/Palm specific ones combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    they need TV ads!!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Posters all over San Francisco on bus shelters - from Palm, not Sprint or Verizon.

The touchstone does need to show up in commercials. People are always envious of mine.
    haven't seen any ads around San Diego area. :/

I wonder how effective all of this advrtising will turn out. I think word of mouth to others is the best advertising for anything. Though I haven't had much luck with it
    Did you miss the excellent Verizon commercials? Thousand times better than all of the Sprint/Palm specific ones combined.
    I agree that the Verizon commercials are 1,000 times better than Sprint. However, they don't really show what makes WebOS WebOs. Instead you hear something about calendars and 16 gigs of memory.

Palm has to spend money on television ads b/c the carriers are only going to do a limited run of commercials.

If Palm had enough money for commercials I feel that they should create commercials that have the stylistic approach and plain speak that Apple commercials are known for.

Palm needs to show the Pre up-close with a white background. Just show a hand flicking back and forth between cards; enlarging the cards, browsing the web while getting a text message notification and swiping it away; you're able to show how notifications don't stop WebOS users from doing whatever they were doing.

The voice over guy can say in simple terms 'You can keep as many apps open as you like moving back and forth between them without closing them. If want you to pause your game (show the finger pausing Need for Speed) while you make a appointment for dinner (show the finger making a reservation using the Open Table app) you can do that. And if you want to continue to browse the internet (show the browser) while reading the text message (show the text message notification) from your wife asking if you made reservations for dinner, you can do that all without having to stop what you're doing. And Jim asks if you scheduled the meeting for tomorrow you can slide over (shows the thumb sliding through cards to get to the calendar card) to your calendar and send your meeting request all without having to closing anything. And if you're done with that app and you don't need it anymore just flick it away (shows a finger flicking the calendar app away). That is freedom'.

The commercials ends with a white background with writing in black letters that says 'WebOS by Palm. Freedom to do what you want when you want. Available exclusively on the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi.'
    Last edited by playboy; 03/03/2010 at 07:09 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12