Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Take the Apple Commercial from 1984, instead of a bunch of IBM droids like Apple did, you instead put a bunch of Apple droids in Apple tee shirts with small hats that have the current Apple logo on the top of them, nothing to big just a nice small Apple logo that is easy to see, have a Steve Jobs look a like on a stage in front of them, you run the rest of the commercial the same way Apple did.

After the female breaks the screen with the hammer she throws through it, the scene fades to people using Palm Pre's showing one playing a game and pausing it to do something else then going back to the game, another person on the internet receiving and taking a call then going right back where they left off on the internet and another who is multi-tasking. End it with a line like: Palm, break out of the masses and become free!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I like it. They could do a follow-up campaign with a "Think Different" theme. Seriously, WebOS is to the iPhone what the Mac was to the PC.

Can't hurt to try.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    That would be cool to use Apples former success against them to Palms favor. I like the use of the Think Different approach as well.

I own two iMacs and a MacBook Pro lap top but I can't stand the way Steve Jobs has become the exact thing he railed against and made the Apple commercial for back in 1984.

It is time to move on with Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    After the female breaks the screen with the hammer she throws through it, ...
    Is this the same, pasty-white woman who is in the other Pre ads? Could she even lift a hammer to throw it? She looks too anorexic to even make the run leading up to the throw.
    ...and another who is multi-tasking.
    What does "multi-tasking" look like? You mean someone moving cards around on the screen in some unfathomable fashion to anyone except a current Pre owner?
    Palm, break out of the masses and become free!
    Free to root rather than free to jailbreak?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Is this the same, pasty-white woman who is in the other Pre ads? Could she even lift a hammer to throw it? She looks too anorexic to even make the run leading up to the throw.
    What does "multi-tasking" look like? You mean someone moving cards around on the screen in some unfathomable fashion to anyone except a current Pre owner?
    Free to root rather than free to jailbreak?
    Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Cool idea, I like the 'Think Different' theme and it would be something that an ad campaign could be built around showcasing was WebOS is all about. Might be time to put the new video functionality to work.

And if we need someone to throw the hammer, I am sure that the juggler would be available(ok, had to throw that one in)
    Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
    Do you think your 'part of the solution' is the quintessential, criticism-resistent commercial for the Pre? RECOMMENDATION: Stay out of the marketing industry.

Really.

No seriously.

A striking, strong, memorable, and distinguishing message is needed if a company's original and near-legendary idea is going to be borrowed for a branding campaign. Simply copying another company's commercial then muddying up their once clear message with a bunch of partial ideas is a far cry from the 'perfect Palm Pre ad.' It comes across as a mixture of lameness and hubris.

There - I've put you on the road toward a solution. You're welcome.