Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    I had the place holder for this patch and it worked when I installed it through Preware. However, I installed the placeholder AFTER I installed 1.4. By habit, I had already pulled all of my patches prior to installing 1.4. After 1.4, I went back and started to install the patches I wanted and some of them said that it wasn't available yet for 1.4 but that I could install a placeholder.

    So yesterday when I checked Preware for updates from my Pre, this one showed up and it installed with no issue. Tested it and it works like a charm.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  2. #22  
    I also had to EPR my Pre in order to remove and reinstall the Match State to Area Code patch. That's the only AUPT patch I had a problem with.
  3. though's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
       #23  
    my phone showed an updated in preware yesterday morning and voila, THERE IT IS! thanks to who did this !!!!
  4. #24  
    I found a solution that worked for me in another forum related to this.
    Remove only the phone patches (do all of them and then Match State to Area Code and it should be removed) , do Luna restart, then load Match State to Area Code, then add other phone patches back. do Luna restart again and it should work fine.
  5. mbendik's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I tried updating in Preware but got a ipkg error "unreversed patch detected" and 1of1 hunk failed. Cannot remove patch; same error. ???
    I fixed this problem based on the following that I got from a TreoCentral.com member. (You don't have to do a luna restart until all of the phone patches are uninstalled): Try this...delete all patches that have the phone icon in Preware except this patch(match-state-to-area-code)...luna restart...you should then be able to delete this patch...luna restart...put this patch back on if you want it...luna restart...start adding the phone patches back w/ luna restart in between each. If you have match state to area code put it on first as it doesn't play well with others unless it's favored, lol!

    Good luck. It worked for me.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbendik View Post
    I fixed this problem based on the following that I got from a TreoCentral.com member. (You don't have to do a luna restart until all of the phone patches are uninstalled): Try this...delete all patches that have the phone icon in Preware except this patch(match-state-to-area-code)...luna restart...you should then be able to delete this patch...luna restart...put this patch back on if you want it...luna restart...start adding the phone patches back w/ luna restart in between each. If you have match state to area code put it on first as it doesn't play well with others unless it's favored, lol!

    Good luck. It worked for me.
    I wrote that blurb but seriously all credit goes to Erik Gaudet at WebOS Internals as he's the one who told me to uninstall all phone patches and he's also the one who said we don't have to do a Luna Restart until all the patches are uninstalled (I was just being paranoid,lol!). Erik, you're awesome...thanks!!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  7. #27  
    I just used the Emergency Patch Installer and it worked flawlessly.

    Just install EPI the same way as you would with the EPR, and it will force-reinstall all of your patches. Follow it up with a quick luna restart and it working again. I found it MUCH easier than running EPR and having to sift through all the patches to reinstall the ones I want one at a time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions