Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I don't't know if there is any connection between my recent upgrade to 1.4 or if it's just a coincidence but here's my situation:

I have several email accounts on my Pre, including my main email address which is a google apps address, as well as a regular gmail address and a few others. I also use gSyncit from http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/ to sync my main google apps contacts and calendar with Outlook on my desktop.

A little bit ago I went looking for an address in Outlook and imagine my surprise to find there was only ONE record in Outlook, one that I had created a couple of hours earlier on my Pre. Somehow ALL 1,000+ contacts got deleted from Outlook AND from my Google apps contacts (which I discovered after logging in and checking). I'm not sure if they were deleted on the Pre, in Google Apps or in Outlook, but with the gSyncit program, they're now gone in ALL three places! I do have backups so it's not a total crisis. But has anyone else experienced this kind of behavior, especially after 1.4?

Thanks in advance,
    Nathan
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I should have gone to gSyncit before posting here. This is a known issue as reported at:

http://www.daveswebsite.com/support.shtml

Anyone using gSyncit needs to look at that site. My apologies for distracting the forum from its routine usefulness. Back to lurk mode.

Sincerely,
    Nathan
    Man, just reading that support page makes that sound like some pretty buggy software. Not sure I would want to be using that.

In gSyncit's defense, Google has made a lot of changes to their API's recently they let their partners (like Palm) know about them in advance but little guys like "Dave" are the last to find out.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    My gmail contacts got erased too. Had to put them back on from a backup which i'm glad i do frequently.

That's almost enough to get me to consider something else. If google is going to change things that cause this kind of chaos. Breaking gvoice apps for palm, causing contacts to go poof, the google buzz incident.

I'm not going to bash the gsyncit dev. I think he knows how serious this is and will put in some new features.
    Also, if you look in deleted folder in outlook, you may be able to restore contacts that way.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I was also having some issues a few weeks back with gSyncit, so I went back to my paid PocketMirror, which pretty much ALWAYS works fine via wireless desktop syncing (and is much better for tasks and notes syncing), but I miss the cloud syncing when I am on the road. I am kind of waiting to see how gSyncit deals with the current Google API changes and may go back to gSyncit but I am a little hesitant. Is gSyncit still working well for others? I miss being able to access my schedule from ANY computer.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'm pleased to report that gSyncit has been working fine with the newest version. And I've also found Dave to be very responsive whenever I've contacted him. I've got over 1,000 contacts and sync a year's worth of appointments (1600+) and it's working flawlessly at this point!

Nathan <><
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan7 View Post
    I'm pleased to report that gSyncit has been working fine with the newest version. And I've also found Dave to be very responsive whenever I've contacted him. I've got over 1,000 contacts and sync a year's worth of appointments (1600+) and it's working flawlessly at this point!

Nathan <><
    I also went back to gSyncit on March 25th and it has been working fine for me as well! I have emailed Dave several times in the past and he is amazingly responsive to issues.