Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    random lunar restarts
    camera sometimes sluggish
    stream radio not working right since 1.4 but that might be a dev problem.

    other then this i can't complain.

    btw already doctored my Pre twice
  2. #2  
    its not a widespread problem i havent had any of these and those that have are a very vocal minority
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    random lunar restarts
    camera sometimes sluggish
    stream radio not working right since 1.4 but that might be a dev problem.

    other then this i can't complain.

    btw already doctored my Pre twice
    How do you restart the moon with your phone?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    its not a widespread problem i havent had any of these and those that have are a very vocal minority
    I agree.
  5. #5  
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't each of the "X.1" updates included a "X.X.1" update with a week?

    I don't think any major software update on any platform isn't going to go 100% perfectly the first go around. I'm sure Palm is aware of any minor issue and will issue a minor update if necessary.
  6. #6  
    I haven't had the random restarts, but I've had both two and three and my phone's doctored and kept stock. Plus, the sharing feature is broken anyway (you get an undefined link instead of a link to your YT video). There are enough bugs and problems that Palm could afford to release 1.4.1 and sooner rather than later.
  7. #7  
    Guess we need an update for the update (1.4)
    Guess we need another post about how we need another update to fix the most recent update that broke everything for everyone except not for everyone just for a minority but that minority won't shut up and continues to post threads about the same things that have already been posted multiple times already.

    whew! I was literally running out of breath typing that...it's a bit exausting to read, even in your head!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    How do you restart the moon with your phone?
    I wonder if the iPhone can do that.
  9. #9  
    Could that become the new Palm catchphrase? 'There's an Update for that....'
  10. #10  
    - Random luna restarts (at least 3 that i know of in 3 days)
    - Email is not checking every 30min like its set to.
    - Google calendar is fine, but on the pre everything is 7hrs late, and its not doing a popup notification like its supposed to.
    - The web experience overall is generally slower
    - Google Maps stopped working (tells me i need an internet connection)

    (note: i did swap out for a new pre a day before the update, so some issues may be from that; and I held off on doing any patches until the update came down.)


    Ive been a palm fan since the IIIxe, and praised them to the point where I recently converted 3 others over to the pre. With this new update I can no longer recommend them.

    Give me 1.3.X back!
  11. #11  
    email isnt checking like it should, and the vibration is totally messed up
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    its not a widespread problem i havent had any of these and those that have are a very vocal minority
    Just because you don't have the problems doesn't make the problems uncommon. There's obviously problems or the Official Issues thread wouldn't be so huge.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet View Post
    - Random luna restarts (at least 3 that i know of in 3 days)
    - Email is not checking every 30min like its set to.
    - Google calendar is fine, but on the pre everything is 7hrs late, and its not doing a popup notification like its supposed to.
    - The web experience overall is generally slower
    - Google Maps stopped working (tells me i need an internet connection)

    (note: i did swap out for a new pre a day before the update, so some issues may be from that; and I held off on doing any patches until the update came down.)


    Ive been a palm fan since the IIIxe, and praised them to the point where I recently converted 3 others over to the pre. With this new update I can no longer recommend them.

    Give me 1.3.X back!
    use the doctor if you want 1.3 back otherwise you have nothing to complain about
  14. #14  
    Anyone having an issue not receiving phone calls? So far I have missed a few calls that I know of (wife calling me), I checked her pre and showed 3 outgoing calls, that never showed up on the Pre. At the time my phone was sitting in the house in one of the normal spots where I haven't had problems..... at the time I assumed it was because I was on wifi and had left open preware, I haven't been able to recreate the issue exactly.


    Now come to today, over the span of about an hour I called the wife upwards of 5 times...... I get home to call her and ask her to put the dogs out, phone rings the normal amount of times before going to voicemail. I come in the house and the phone is sitting with her, shows no missed calls, last call on call log was 20ish minutes earlier.


    We hadn't had any problems like this prior to 1.4. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or something similar.


    Ohh and I'm not complaining, just a weird issue that I have yet to be able to replicate regardless of situation. Ohh and the wife was not on wifi or anything when she missed her call, she did have the text app up, but I had previously called her when she was texting me. Just weird, and I am concerned the updated phone app is buggy.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Just because you don't have the problems doesn't make the problems uncommon. There's obviously problems or the Official Issues thread wouldn't be so huge.
    or perhaps people who dont have problems dont complain so you see a biased view
  16. #16  
    I'm sick of people *****ing about there damn phone first you ***** about not getting it then when you get you not happy because you have hack the phone and didn't do it right and now your phone ****ed up I had a patch that ****ed up my phone and when I did the update it fixed it just take it to sprint or wack *** vzw and let them fix it because that what they are there for
  17. #17  
    When people have a problem they #ss/U/ME that it has to do with the 1.4 update. Local networks have failures and developers have issues with their apps, just a fact of life in the virtual world, sh#t happens. If there is a software but in the 1.4 update everyone would be having the same issue, with hundreds of thousands of users out there, this forum would be swamped with posts.
  18. Lucki's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #18  
    My issue is my scree does not turn on when I hit power button or even when I slide it open I need to close and open few times before it does or hit power button few times =/
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    or perhaps people who dont have problems dont complain so you see a biased view
    True, people who have no problems don't complain. Why would they?

    But surely 65+ pages of issues in a matter of 4 days says something went wrong for quite a lot of people...including folks who did not put Preware or any homebrew on their phones. Compare the 1.4 Issues thread to the 1.3.5 Issues thread...you'll see that the 1.3.5 thread has 29 or 30 pages since December 28 and the 1.4 thread has more than two times the amount of pages in 4 days! Something went seriously wrong with this upgrade for many folks.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    When people have a problem they #ss/U/ME that it has to do with the 1.4 update. Local networks have failures and developers have issues with their apps, just a fact of life in the virtual world, sh#t happens. If there is a software but in the 1.4 update everyone would be having the same issue, with hundreds of thousands of users out there, this forum would be swamped with posts.
    I like most of your posts, but you know as well as I do this isn't true. Issues can be based on many things. Yes some people do complain unnecessarily, but to say all problems will be widespread when it comes to technology is incorrect. For example, my problem, if I could recreate it, I could troubleshoot it and figure it out. When an issue arises randomly, and cannot be recreated, it can still be a version issue but needs assistance to trouble shoot.

    Regardless of software version, and cause of problem, sometimes it is recreating the exact same problem to be able to test fixes. So if the problem is 1.4 + x + y + z = problem...... you would have to have your hundreds of thousands of users doing the exact same thing, then noticing there was a problem.

    Just saying is all, if you assume everyone with a problem has nothing to do with 1.4, you are doing to them the same thing you say they are doing to 1.4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions