Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    My issue is my scree does not turn on when I hit power button or even when I slide it open I need to close and open few times before it does or hit power button few times =/

I definitely am having this problem too. It started after the 1.4 update, never happened before. One other problem I'm having is my sound cuts out now after 1.4. My alarm went off today but the ringer never sounded. I got up, opened up the Alarm app to see if it was set, and it was, when I closed the app it made the "swoosh" sound like normal. I then went into Sounds & Ringtones and checked my ringer volume, it was all the way up. I slid it around to see if I could hear the ringer, nothing, no sound. So I then go into the ringer list, try to play some of them and no sound comes out. I restart the phone and it worked. Never had this problem prior to 1.4. (I am one of the people who hate when people say this update broke my phone, this update messed this up, blah blah blah, but in my case it appears that 1.4 did actually mess up the phone a little bit. However, I'm still very happy with my phone and still think the Palm Pre is the best phone I've ever owned).
    I have been getting the random luna restarts...I look down and I see a flashing Palm logo. Been thinking about a visit to the Dr.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I've had both random luna restarts and issues with the screen coming on after pushing the power button.
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    random lunar restarts
    camera sometimes sluggish
    stream radio not working right since 1.4 but that might be a dev problem.

other then this i can't complain.

btw already doctored my Pre twice
    what did you put on your phone after doctoring it ? Preware if yes what tweaks did you load first??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you have the iphone spoof remove it if you have the multi mod remove it if you still have problems with the luna remove it and remove package manager and reinstall and reload preware . It seems one of these three may not have loaded properly . I had these issues this solved them
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've had some issues also.
    1st issue - If it's been a while and I haven't received an email I'll go check and it's at the add an email account or done screen. I hit done and it loads the emails. It's happened to me 4 times today.

2nd issue - Phone just shut off today. Has never happened before.

3rd issue - The lock screen will sometimes show the applications in the background. If I've left an email open then you can see it through the lock screen. Not a horrible thing, it's just an annoyance.

For now I have doctored to 1.4 and will run it unpatched to see how it runs.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    or perhaps people who dont have problems dont complain so you see a biased view
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. If your phone is working just fine, of course you aren't going to complain..

And then to call people who are complaining about legitimate issues "biased" is lunacy!

Every thread you post in, you seem dismiss actual issues that plague webOS (there are quite a few of them..) or you harass users who have an opinion other than "OMFG I <3 PALM NO MATTER WHAT!! LOL!" You aren't helping out anyone on this forum.

To the OP, I would suggest taking this up with Palm. Explain you've Doctored the phone and are still experiencing the issues. Maybe you'll end up with a replacement. If that doesn't work, hopefully Palm will fix it! Good luck!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. If your phone is working just fine, of course you aren't going to complain..

And then to call people who are complaining about legitimate issues "biased" is lunacy!

Every thread you post in, you seem dismiss actual issues that plague webOS (there are quite a few of them..) or you harass users who have an opinion other than "OMFG I <3 PALM NO MATTER WHAT!! LOL!" You aren't helping out anyone on this forum.

To the OP, I would suggest taking this up with Palm. Explain you've Doctored the phone and are still experiencing the issues. Maybe you'll end up with a replacement. If that doesn't work, hopefully Palm will fix it! Good luck!
    clearly you dont seem to understand my point that when someone tries to use the amount of people who complain of a problem they are only seeing a vocal minority while most users arent even on this site and the majority of those that are dont have any problems
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    clearly you dont seem to understand my point that when someone tries to use the amount of people who complain of a problem they are only seeing a vocal minority while most users arent even on this site and the majority of those that are dont have any problems
    Do you work for Toyota? Even if 1% of webOS users experience a particular issue, that's 1% too many. While magnitude of the issue should and does have impact on it's priority, it's not a good idea to just dismiss the issue completely just because a small amount of users had it.

If the OP were trolling and complaining about the same thing over and over again and said something like "I'm leaving the Pre and here's why!!" I wouldn't care and I'd be next to you dismissing them.. but it seems like a few others are having restarting issues.

I'd just get the Pre replaced.. it may be software related, it may not be. The best course of action is just to replace it and/or inform Palm of the issues. There customer support should be able to at least tell you something useful!
    im not dismissing the issue im simply saying that its hardly a wide spread issue ie the exchange issue in 1.3.5 that led to 1.3.5.1 and if it turns out that it is im sure palm will fix it
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I agree. It sounded like you were saying "Most users don't have that issue, it's not an issue." Just sayin'.

Like I said, how widespread something is factors into the priority of fixing the issue.

Complain to Palm.. they'll listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I agree. It sounded like you were saying "Most users don't have that issue, it's not an issue." Just sayin'.

Like I said, how widespread something is factors into the priority of fixing the issue.

Complain to Palm.. they'll listen.
    what i was saying was more along the lines of the issues being blown out of proportion due to the fact that a very vocal minority are the only ones talking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I've had some issues also.
    1st issue - If it's been a while and I haven't received an email I'll go check and it's at the add an email account or done screen. I hit done and it loads the emails. It's happened to me 4 times today.

2nd issue - Phone just shut off today. Has never happened before.

3rd issue - The lock screen will sometimes show the applications in the background. If I've left an email open then you can see it through the lock screen. Not a horrible thing, it's just an annoyance.

For now I have doctored to 1.4 and will run it unpatched to see how it runs.
    I had #1 happen once, but it coincided with my phone app issure.

#2 happened to me just this morning for the first time, phone was working, set it down, came back to pick it up, switched to vibrate like I do every morning before walking out of the house, nothing happened....... Did everything else to wake the phone and got nothing, pulled my case and battery..... popped batter back in and booted the phone, has been fine thus far. At this point I will chalk this one up as a fluke.
    Since upgrading to 1.4 I have been experiencing random Luna restarts.
    try a doctor
    use the doctor if you want 1.3 back otherwise you have nothing to complain about

So I can just be forced to update to 1.4 again? No thanks.
    I am having problems with loading the camera. On several occasions it will just give me a blank screen and i have had t close and re-open a few times to get it to open properly.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I have had to restart my phone several times since the update. random problems mostly. The most noticible has been with email. Some deleted emails seem to reappear and some wont open at all. I have had some other apps just freeze on launch with a blank screen. the restart fixes all so far but I never had this issue before the update. Not a major problem but it is an annoyance.
    Im having issues with twitter apps not being able to consistently connect mean while the web browser has a perfect internet connection. I have experienced it with twee and tweed repeatedly. I might open a thread to see how widespread the problem is.
  20. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Issues since 1.4 update:

My vacuum cleaner runs slower.
    Washing machine does not send a text when its done. Is there an APP for this?
    My car has a vibration when i get over 80mph but no notification light.
    My girlfriend looks hotter. Bonus
    My ATT U-verse connection sucks
    Getting warmer and snow seems to be melting. Does the Pre contribute to global warming?
    USA lost to Canada in Hockey, but proves we are catching up. Great game.
    Congress is still deadlocked on healthcare.
    Get to work and fix these things PALM>>>>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast