1.    #1  
    What are the most up to date versions of preware and packet management service?

I am having a terrible time getting preware to connect. I get error messages telling me the packet management service is not running, or preware only loads what i have installed, or it will load normally and force my phone into offline mode which I cannot turn back on. This all started when I had to webdoctor my pre because the "roam only in preferences" patch did not update properly and my phone was stuck in roaming. HELP!!!!!
    I'm not sure of the versions, but since you Doctored your phone you will need to use webOS Quick Install to install Preware and Package Management again.
    As far as I know Preware is 0.9.28 and Package Manager Service is 0.9.37
  4.    #4  
    I am using webos quick install to load all of my patches and applications because preware isn't working. I have also used it to reinstall preware and package management service. I am using a Sprint Pre I got as part of the advocate program in May of 2009. It has been solid as a rock until now. I don't know what to do and this is getting very frustrating. I love webos and the pre, but if I cannot clear this up I may move to a BlackBerry. Right now it seems a little more reliable than webos at this point in its development.
    I had some issues like that, but not exactly the same. I used webOS Doctor 1.2.1 first, then webOS Doctor 1.4 after that. Only then could I get Preware to behave.
    Make sure you are using the latest version of webOSQI (3.02) and update Preware and PMS using this version.
  7.    #7  
    I am using 3.02. I made sure I did that before anything else. I learned that lesson the hard way some time ago, lol. I just uninstalled package management service and preware. Then I installed package management service and did a complete restart including pulling the battery. Then I reinstalled preware doing a restart. Both are using the current versions. I opened up preware and got the message the package management service was not running. This is frustrating!
    Has the phone remained in Dev Mode the whole time? That's the only way I could get all my stuff to work properly.
    I'm having the same issue on my phone. I doctored the phone using 1.4 and I still can't get Preware to work. Does WebOS Doctor completely wipe the phone? or do I have to do something else to completely restore it? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilbur1 View Post
    I'm having the same issue on my phone. I doctored the phone using 1.4 and I still can't get Preware to work. Does WebOS Doctor completely wipe the phone? or do I have to do something else to completely restore it? Thanks!
    Doctoring to 1.2.1 completely wipes the phone. Then Doctor to 1.4 and you should be good.