Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hey jeff i guess he really doesnt want to know ! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ha ha.. well im still willing to put the patch back on for sure so i will be waiting right here for the next updated patch to test out for you guys !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    dude...my last phone is still smokin......
    put it out!!!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Please dont run on GSM Pre using OS1.4. Wait for the optimized kernel.
    I apologize but how is that a reply to what you quoted from me?

Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Sure, but even if it were 500 usually and then 600 on app startup, that would speed a lot up and save the hardware.

Also, it's possible that the processor has no problem being overclocked but the issues are from other hardware. See this article for some more info:

AMD Sempron 3100+ Overclocking (page 3) - X-bit labs
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Yeah. I was running 720 fine but then took it off for 1.4.

What I found was that the CPU was handling all the scrolling perfectly. We don't need GPU for the UI as long as a next-gen processor handles the scrolling for a new palm device.

This idea seems a bit too complicated though. Wouldn't switching up the kernel be a bit too much on the device also?
    I still had laggy scrolling with 720 and even 800, if I went fast. Need GPU!
    This thread should be called "teasing". Rooted palm users aren't children, so throw up a disclaimer, a picture of a melted phone, and have done with it. You're not going to beat palm to the next build if you don't get more of a f**kit attitude. I can guarantee you nobody is going to hold onto an 800mhz patch as opposed to say, webos 1.5, if given the choice.

At any rate, for me, just tossing mine up to 600 by editing the scaling value was good enough to take care of any complaints I had. At this point its really the read/write speed of the memory thats bottlenecking it, but its fast enough.

Tinker on man.. tinker on.
    glad to hear that jeff hows your health coming along?? good i hope !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    like I stated before I'm open to testing some clocking patches. If I brick it's no prob for me to get a new one. Pm me and send it my way.
    Well, you can take this from PC "overclocking" (using the term for easy understanding). The current trend among AMD fans is core unlocking. The 550BE is a dual core by name, but in reality is a quad core with two cores disabled. Assuming you read forums on this, you get the impression that anybody and everybody can use the proper BIOS and open those two disabled cores up, giving you a quad core at half the price. Nope. You've got a small chance of that happening. You're far more likely to get them to power up, and have everything go to heck because they cannot run at the same speed as the good cores, assuming you can get them to power up at all. The processor is sold the way it is for a reason, there are absolutely no guarantees that you won't break something trying to make it do more.

That said, processors of any type generate heat, and they can only handle so much. In PC processors, typically a slower processor is exactly the same as a much faster one, except for the fact that the batch it came from could not run at the highest speed. Locked down tight and sold as a budget, slower processor. Get the right batch, though, you've got a strong possibility of getting that slow processor to crank right up to a higher speed. IF you have proper cooling. OC an i7 920 up to 4ghz with a stock cooler (if you can even get that far) you're going to smoke the proc in a short period of time. Not going into voltage bumps there.

We have the same thing here. The proc is designed for 600mhz tops, thermally built for that speed, cooled for that speed, and that's it. Granted, it might go further, but you will damage it eventually. Just keep that in mind. We power hunger fiends cannot do anything to protect the proc from damage when we use a speed patch.
    yadda yadda yadda ..... bring me a fast kernel for 1.4 and i'll smoke it up !!! i have insurance !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yadda yadda yadda ..... bring me a fast kernel for 1.4 and i'll smoke it up !!! i have insurance !
    Let me know how far you get. Hit 1ghz stable with 30 apps open, I'll buy you......lessee.........I have four dollars........would a Red Bull do?
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Let me know how far you get. Hit 1ghz stable with 30 apps open, I'll buy you......lessee.........I have four dollars........would a Red Bull do?
    yuk red bull is nasty ha ha i dont do energy drinks i have plenty of that stuff but thanks anyways !! they will do a kernel for 1.4 if palm doesnt update before they can get to it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by serial View Post
    I can guarantee you nobody is going to hold onto an 800mhz patch as opposed to say, webos 1.5, if given the choice.
    I did happily running 1.3.5.1 fast as BALLS!
    yes they are fast arent they lol, i like the 720 better because everything is just smoother imo
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes they are fast arent they lol, i like the 720 better because everything is just smoother imo
    yeah, i've heard that from a few people. i think it's a mixed bag with who see's better performance with which patch
    so, what is the verdict? None of these patches are coming to 1.4?
    go back a page and read caj's novel...
    probably not for 1.4 maybe 1.5 though ha ha unless someone else does it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post

We have the same thing here. The proc is designed for 600mhz tops, thermally built for that speed, cooled for that speed, and that's it. Granted, it might go further, but you will damage it eventually. Just keep that in mind. We power hunger fiends cannot do anything to protect the proc from damage when we use a speed patch.
    Are you even sure of that? I mean, yes the processor is, but everything around it? Are we all really sure of that?
    Wish I saw this before updating to 1.4. I am seriously considering doctoring my phone back to 1.35.1 to request being a tester. Any plans for 1.4? Would love to be a tester if you plan to. The more people willing to test, that understand the risks, and won't complain the more progressive this effort would be. Caj would you consider me for testing?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast