Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    and the person on the other end of the line asks "what was that??" "Oh, I just got a text message and my phone vibrated".

is this normal? it used to be that the notification was audibly heard by the other person and Palm fixed that now they can hear the vibration??
    Sensitive mic? Good ears? Can't really answer this. I've never had anyone tell me that they could hear my phone vibrate while on a call. (I have had people hear an audible alarm or alert while on a call, but that's normal.)

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I don't think mine vibes while I'm on a call?
    You can set the alert to "Sound & Vibrate" in the Sounds & Ringtones applet. This is how I have mine set up and I get a short vibration right after my text message alert.

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm a Sprint customer and I most certainly receive text messages while on a call.
    Agree. I'm on Sprint as well and I can send/receive text messages while on a call. No issue.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  2.    #22  
    i was just kidding...sarcasm doesn't come across that well
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    You can set the alert to "Sound & Vibrate" in the Sounds & Ringtones applet. This is how I have mine set up and I get a short vibration right after my text message alert.
    Me too....but I could swear that it doesn't vibe when I'm on a call. Perhaps, because it's the default length, (no vibe patches) I don't notice?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Good for you. I dont and i like it that way anyway. But it would be nice if we can surf the internet while on the phone. It sucks that we cant do that and those jerks at AT&T get to do that with their "Iphones" lol. And now, all of a sudden, my screen doesnt even turn off anymore when im on a call, so i end up always using my face to hang up or call someone else lol.
    You have issues probably related to something else. My proximity sensor works fine. I can also send/receive texts while on a call. Do you have a screen protector on your phone? Patches? When is the last time you rebooted your phone?

Simultaneous voice and data capability has to do with the network (NOT the phone) and has nothing to do with the Pre/Pixi or webOS's capabilities. If you absolutely need that, either use WiFi, or get a GSM-based phone on a GSM carrier. No amount of crying about it will fix it for a CDMA-based carrier. (Not until they migrate to 4G--WiMax or LTE).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Yah, im wrong. i just figured you can do all this while still on the phone, but it will be nice if we can also surf the net. SPRINT, WHAT AM I PAYING YOU GUYS FOR lol.
    It is a limitation of CDMA. Any carrier on CDMA can't do voice/data at the same time.

Sprint 4G should allow that but there are no 4G handsets yet.

edit--
    looks like Insp_Gadget beat me to it =)
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    i was just kidding...sarcasm doesn't come across that well
    LoL... not if you dont put the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags around tour post.. ....

but seriously.. your vibrator may be loose... does it rattle or vibrate extremely hard or loud during any other time?
    You must have verizon. Sprint phones dont even send you the text then. They send you the text after you hang up, which is pretty gay.
    I have gotten txt's on sprint while talking to someone, must just be you.
    You have issues probably related to something else. My proximity sensor works fine. I can also send/receive texts while on a call. Do you have a screen protector on your phone? Patches? When is the last time you rebooted your phone?

Simultaneous voice and data capability has to do with the network (NOT the phone) and has nothing to do with the Pre/Pixi or webOS's capabilities. If you absolutely need that, either use WiFi, or get a GSM-based phone on a GSM carrier. No amount of crying about it will fix it for a CDMA-based carrier. (Not until they migrate to 4G--WiMax or LTE).
    Yeah, i knew it was a problem with sprint and not the phone....And also, yeah, i have a privacy screen on my pre, so i guess thats the problem.I thought about that too, but i figured blaming it on something else would also work..i.e Palm Pre (Sacarsm)...Thanks for the input those. Precentral is the greatest forum i ever came across. The response rate is just incredible!....but one more thing lol. Is it common for EVDO to go off when you connect to WiFi?
    The jerk at Palm was telling me that this morning, i couldnt believe him because it never use to happen that way before.
    Yeah, i knew it was a problem with sprint and not the phone....And also, yeah, i have a privacy screen on my pre, so i guess thats the problem.I thought about that too, but i figured blaming it on something else would also work..i.e Palm Pre (Sacarsm)...Thanks for the input those. Precentral is the greatest forum i ever came across. The response rate is just incredible!
    No problem.

People like to throw blame around like monkey poo, as long as none of it lands on themselves.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Is it common for EVDO to go off when you connect to WiFi?
    The jerk at Palm was telling me that this morning, i couldnt believe him because it never use to happen that way before.
    The icon will be replaced by the WiFi icon, but EVDO/1x is still running. If you are under WiFi and send a MMS or SMS that is still using EV/1x

BUT... I think there is a bug with Wifi in 1.4 that turns data off because I have a buddy who can't send MMS when his WiFi is on... other users on this site are also talking about WiFi messing up EVDO/1X
    Oh ok...COOL..THANKS!!!! I was just wondering!
    Yeah, good thing i dont have those issues. I can send messages but due to my poor service in this area, i cant receive calls because Sprint decided to place a tower about 3 billion light years away from my house lol
    Is it common for EVDO to go off when you connect to WiFi?
    This is the thread I was referring to in my last post

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...fi-switch.html
    You must have verizon. Sprint phones dont even send you the text then. They send you the text after you hang up, which is pretty gay.
    Send and receive txts all the time while I'm on calls on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    The icon will be replaced by the WiFi icon, but EVDO/1x is still running. If you are under WiFi and send a MMS or SMS that is still using EV/1x

BUT... I think there is a bug with Wifi in 1.4 that turns data off because I have a buddy who can't send MMS when his WiFi is on... other users on this site are also talking about WiFi messing up EVDO/1X
    There is a bug that has been mentioned for Verizon users (prior to 1.4) about MMS not working over WiFi. I don't know if this issue was resolved or not. Sounds like it wasn't. The issue doesn't exist for Sprint users.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

This is the thread I was referring to in my last post

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...fi-switch.html
    yeah, i was reading that earlier today. I wish them the best of luck.
    There is a bug that has been mentioned for Verizon users (prior to 1.4) about MMS not working over WiFi. I don't know if this issue was resolved or not. Sounds like it wasn't. The issue doesn't exist for Sprint users.
    My friend is on Sprint, and I can tell you it is affecting his phone. He can send MMS but as soon as he turns on Wifi MMS stops working. Only way to fix it is to turn Wifi off and restart the phone. Started right after he updated his Pre to 1.4
    My friend is on Sprint, and I can tell you it is affecting his phone. He can send MMS but as soon as he turns on Wifi MMS stops working. Only way to fix it is to turn Wifi off and restart the phone. Started right after he updated his Pre to 1.4
    Okay. Well, it works fine for me. That was one of the first things I checked when I upgraded (sending a video via MMS). I did it while at home connected to WiFi. Worked like a charm. Don't know what to have your friend check.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Okay. Well, it works fine for me. That was one of the first things I checked when I upgraded (sending a video via MMS). I did it while at home connected to WiFi. Worked like a charm. Don't know what to have your friend check.
    I have no idea either. It is either 1.4 messing things up, or maybe a tower issue at his home (he lives in a different city 35 miles away).

He has Preware, but doesn't use patches or themes, just downloads apps from it.

I was thinking about the possibility of a Dr. visit for his phone but don't want to go that route yet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12