1.    #1  
    We are always last to get updates. It's March 2nd and I can almost guarantee that 1.4 won't be avail for canadian's for at least another week or 2.

We are not allowed to buy Apps from Palm (which might explain why they are having such a pathetic cash flow -- here's a tip: ALLOW CANADIANS TO BUY APPS - THIS IS A DIRECT CASH FLOW AND CANADIANS HAVE LOTS OF MONEY -- MONEY THAT PALM NEEDS AND MONEY THAT PALM DOESN'T HAVE.

Buying apps is a direct transaction and instant cash flow -- but for some reason Palm see's no reason to allow Canadian's to buy apps.

We don't have any cool built in apps like the Sprint Nav.

We Canadian's get no love. And Palm is really stupid for not allowing us to buy apps off them. There is no sign that this will change anytime soon either. So pathetic.
    I know right? The Canadian economy is at it's strongest and Palm has no interest in trying to harvest it's cash flow. How sad.
  3.    #3  
    If you are Canadian, I find it ironic and wierd that you would make fun of your own countries economic position.

If you are American, and I really hope you are, then I find it hilarious you would make fun of another countries economy over yours, which is, by all estimates, the most indebted nation in the history of the world.

In fact, your country is almost single handedly responsible for the world financial crisis. You have the most personal debt in the world, the world's most national debt, the world's worst trading situation, the world's worst import-export ratio, etc.

Your currency is almost as worthless as your economy -- or lack there of -- you don't produce anything of value to the world, and all you do is consume, consume and consume like fat little pigs.

Economic scientists worldwide predict America within 10 years will be a 3rd world nation. This is almost guaranteed to be true and I for one can't wait.

p.s. without Canada your country would crumble. You depend on us for the majority of your oil, water, lumber, and almost every other natural resource. Canada has the 2nd largest oil reserves on Earth behind the Saudi's (fact) and we are #1 with fresh water by a long shot (we have over 67% of all the world's fresh water -- on a population of only 30 million.
  4.    #4  
    my point was still valid: Palm's laughable stock price and absolutely pathetic cash flow means one thing:

Palm needs money.

Why on Earth then wouldn't they allow Canadians to purchase apps from them and give them an INSTANT and DIRECT cash flow ?

because they are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    my point was still valid: Palm's laughable stock price and absolutely pathetic cash flow means one thing:

Palm needs money.

Why on Earth then wouldn't they allow Canadians to purchase apps from them and give them an INSTANT and DIRECT cash flow ?

because they are idiots.
    So how does Canada not getting paid apps turn into a you ranting about how much you hate America. Quit being so childish and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    If you are Canadian, I find it ironic and wierd that you would make fun of your own countries economic position.

If you are American, and I really hope you are, then I find it hilarious you would make fun of another countries economy over yours, which is, by all estimates, the most indebted nation in the history of the world.

In fact, your country is almost single handedly responsible for the world financial crisis. You have the most personal debt in the world, the world's most national debt, the world's worst trading situation, the world's worst import-export ratio, etc.

Your currency is almost as worthless as your economy -- or lack there of -- you don't produce anything of value to the world, and all you do is consume, consume and consume like fat little pigs.

Economic scientists worldwide predict America within 10 years will be a 3rd world nation. This is almost guaranteed to be true and I for one can't wait.

p.s. without Canada your country would crumble. You depend on us for the majority of your oil, water, lumber, and almost every other natural resource. Canada has the 2nd largest oil reserves on Earth behind the Saudi's (fact) and we are #1 with fresh water by a long shot (we have over 67% of all the world's fresh water -- on a population of only 30 million.
    I'm going to quote this just to immortalize your feelings
    Canada Customs Procedures for the Import of Software from the United States are very strict even after NAFTA, which eliminated virtually all Canadian tariffs on US-produced goods. Software shipments to Canada are subject to the seven-percent Goods and Services Tax (GST), a multi-stage sales tax. The GST, which is paid by the Importer of Record, is assessed on the total value of the shipment, with no breakdown in cost of the intellectual property versus cost of the medium on which the software is presented. The GST applies to software delivered over the Internet. As the ‘purchase’ is not checked at the border, it is incumbent on the Importer of Record to declare this importation to Canada Customs & Revenue.
    As soon as Palm can figure out how to market applications and software upgrades in Canada while complying with the Tax and Regulations, I'm sure our neighbors to the North will enjoy paid Apps and software upgrades.

View topic - Canada Customs Procedures for the Import of IT products and :: Bridgat.com Forum