1.    #1  
    Hello Everybody, sure this is going to be quick one and hope its fixable.

I've been after a palm pre for ages and as im in a contract already couldnt get another one.

So I bought one from Ebay! The description was sketchy but it was from an english seller and showed it worked! (I am also based in England)

Turns out that as i had expected it from O2 it is actually a US one on Sprint!!

I purchased a Rebel Sim in advance and when i take the back off, there is no immediate place to put my UK sim in!

Whats the deal here, can i remove the plate and enter my one as I would in the UK or have I been had?

Thank you.
    Boydy
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    CDMA phones (Sprint/Verizon) do not use SIM cards.
  3.    #3  
    Balls! That is no good, I take it there is no possible way around this then?

Are there ways of flashing the thing to run my SIM data?
    no
  5.    #5  
    Any body want to buy a working Palm Pre?
  6.    #6  
    Ok, different thought as I dont want to have to rip someone else off on ebay re listing it stealthy.
    if I got a faulty unit off ebay, witht he UK comms bored, would it just swap out? or would the rest of the unit be linked with this CDMA garbage?
    the radio board is built on to the motherboard.

no separate daughterboard.

only option for you is to coug up the $$ and by it for your GSM band.

my guess is you bought a cheap bad esn phone for a really good price, didn't you?
    Read the ebay description, does it state CDMA or GSM? If it did not state either thats a good lesson learned, always ask the seller first, and if its too good to be true (the price), it probably is -.-

And with regards to your Q, theres the EVDO Radio in CDMA as well as the sim slot, i'd imagine it being more complicated than a straight swap out. But perhaps someone more knowedgable could shed more light on the subject.

I'd advise you to obtain a refund if possible, if not then resell, list it as worldwide so someone from U.S could purchase and find it useful if needbe. Also you could always list it as a developer phone, but the price would give way i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    And with regards to your Q, theres the EVDO Radio in CDMA as well as the sim slot, i'd imagine it being more complicated than a straight swap out. But perhaps someone more knowedgable could shed more light on the subject.
    What?!?!?!?
    or better yet...

Attached Images Attached Images