1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how/if you can send calendar events to others? I used to be able to do it on my 755/700p. Is there a third party app?

Thanks.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    I use Google calendar. ONLY through the website I am able set up invitations to others; if they accept the invitation an event is created in their own calendar.
    Google calendar also keeps track of all the responses.
    Works good for my needs, but again this is only available through the Google website.
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Does anyone know how/if you can send calendar events to others? I used to be able to do it on my 755/700p. Is there a third party app?

Thanks.
    Not built in to the Calendar App. However, if you're using a Google Calendar, you can do it from the web based version of Google Calendar on your Pre.

Go to www.google.com/calendar, and log in. (You can save the credentials, and even a shortcut on the launcher to make this quicker in the future). Select the event, select Edit, and scroll down to Add a person to the meeting. Type in the user's email address, and you're set. Scroll back to the top right, and select Save, and you're set.

The person you entered will receive an ICS file for the meeting.

Not as elegant as it could be, but it works for now.
  4.    #4  
    Boy what a step backwards. The send function for the old calendar in the Palm OS was excellent. I used to send calendar items all the time and when the person opened it, it would save to their Outlook. I understand the cloud concept but a lot of people still use COMPUTERS and their calendar on those computers is Outlook.
    Boy what a step backwards. The send function for the old calendar in the Palm OS was excellent. I used to send calendar items all the time and when the person opened it, it would save to their Outlook. I understand the cloud concept but a lot of people still use COMPUTERS and their calendar on those computers is Outlook.
    All those Linux users are running Outlook on their computers? Wow, I didn't know that.

I do know that most of the computers I use still have GroupWise on them instead of Outlook. There are lots of folks I know that are using Lotus. There are even some (myself included) that use Google more than Outlook.

I think some folks need to understand, the majority doesn't mean all...

But, I agree, the workaround I posted is a step backwards. I don't know why Palm hasn't implemented appointment invitations yet, but I'm still believing we'll see it in an update.
    The old functionality just sent a vcs or ics attachment, which is somewhat handy but doesn't really integrate with any calendar services very well. The recipient can add it to their calendar if they're using Outlook (which isn't nearly as universal as it was a few years ago) but you won't receive any response back from them or see the acceptance in your calendar. It's like sending meetings from webex or gotomeeting, which I always find unsatisfactory. It's much better to do it through your calendar service directly if you have one.
  7.    #7  
    Cobra,

Thanks for the background on the attachment format.

HP and Johnny,

Hey, I am not compaining about the workarounds posted here and I appreciate them greatly.

Thanks for your help everyone.