1.    #1  
    I update dto 1.4 and had some issues especially with my BT not working in my car. Extremely annoying. I doctored back to 1.3.5.1. How long until i am forced to update to 1.4?
    If youre familiar with the terminal, look at this thread.
    It will tell you within the next few days that the update is available. You can dismiss it once. But resistance is futile. Your phone will be assimilated.
    Yea, you can dismiss the notification a couple times but it will force install it when you put the Pre on a charger. That is unless you defeat the Update Daemon.
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ...or only put it on a charger in airplane mode...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Sorry for the ignorance. But what would this do? Does the phone need to be plugged in and charging to download the update "by itself". What about when its not pluged in during the day?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    If youre familiar with the terminal, look at this thread.
    I am not really familar with terminal.. is ther soemthing i can read to help me out with this? I am not sure what terminal is.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks.. I figured out how to get terminal and how to do what the thread said. I think it worked.
    I installed temrinal as well. How do we know if it worked? Should there be a confirmation?
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    The Pre downloads the update while the phone is idle and has good signal strength, not just when it's on the charger. It would download the update during the day while you aren't using your phone. Even if you enabled Airplane Mode while charging, the Pre would still have the update and install it.