1.    #1  
    When we can have PRE PLUS with AT&T ??????????

News ??
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Never.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    When we can have PRE PLUS with AT&T ??????????
    News ??
    Pre Plus is CDMA. AT&T is GSM/HSPA. Not compatible.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Maybe AT&T wont sway customers away from Palm like the ginger did (verizon)

I have heard the rumbling previously about Verizons lack of customer service. this is the first time theyve done anything to personally offend me, and I wont forget.

AT&T, you just moved up to #2 on my list.
    I don't know pre and att would work since there are gms pre out there but my concern is that at&t isn't known for being a really open network provider and since the pre is so a open tweaking hackable phone I don't know if at&t wants that. They just don't seem very a open network. And then they have already enough network problem with having barely no 3g coverage and using the pre in edge would be just an shame. So ya I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    I don't know pre and att would work since there are gms pre out there but my concern is that at&t isn't known for being a really open network provider and since the pre is so a open tweaking hackable phone I don't know if at&t wants that. They just don't seem very a open network. And then they have already enough network problem with having barely no 3g coverage and using the pre in edge would be just an shame. So ya I don't know.
    Your opinion is fine and dandy, but what you wrote doesn't have anything to do with the Pre Plus working on ATT's network or ATT's decision to carry the Pre and Pixi Plus. What do we know is that Ralph de la Vega: AT&T launching two webOS devices! -- Engadget.

We also are aware that Palm has filed for FCC cert. We're also aware that ATT is currently testing the handsets. All of those things are truths.

The Pre being tweakable has nothing to do with whether ATT will carry it. And sure, ATT's 3g coverage isn't as widespread as Verizon's but it does cover the major metro areas.

So to sum things up: ATT will carry the Pre and Pixi plusses. ATT is currently testing the devices. Palm submitted the devices for certification to the FCC in Nov 2009. And ATT confirmed in Jan 2010 that they're carrying the WebOs devices.

Everything else is just conjecture.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    yes i heared that too that the pre and pixi will come i am just worried at&t not support it write and like the idea so much from an open phone. even the verizon pre seems to be locked down the gps is only working with vz nav and google maps everything else what needs gps doesnt work and thats typical fro verizon to do this and at&t i knoewn to put limitations on there phones where on the other hand sprint always or well at least the last couple years encourage and supported open phones and didnt lock them down. so its just a worrie that i have pre and pixi on at&t and coll they cover cities with 3g and what is with the rest?? and where is 4g??? lol
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Rumor is Palm phones on AT&T in May.
    yes may is what i heared of too
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    yes i heared that too that the pre and pixi will come i am just worried at&t not support it write and like the idea so much from an open phone. even the verizon pre seems to be locked down the gps is only working with vz nav and google maps everything else what needs gps doesnt work and thats typical fro verizon to do this and at&t i knoewn to put limitations on there phones where on the other hand sprint always or well at least the last couple years encourage and supported open phones and didnt lock them down. so its just a worrie that i have pre and pixi on at&t and coll they cover cities with 3g and what is with the rest?? and where is 4g??? lol
    The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus are not GPS locked down on Verizon. There seem to be a bug in the Verizon build of WebOS and I think Bell users were experiencing something similar. My girls Pre Plus and my brothers Pixi Plus both work fine with the GPS. Trust me if Verizon wanted the GPS locked down it wouldn't even work with Vznav in the background like some have to do it. Also I'm pretty sure it's going to come to Att as open as it is.