1.    #1  
    Hi all, Much has been made over the shortcomings of the pre's calender. It was supposed to get upgrades under webOS 1.4. Are the changes to your liking? is it more like dateBK 5 or 6? thanks, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The changes are minor. There are little am/pm markers in the day view and a little red patch to indicate the current time reference. You can initiate calls and emails from phone numbers and email addresses in the event listing. I'm sure that is useful for some folks, but I haven't needed that much.

There are still several features that calendar lacks that I would find very useful.
    - I would like to be able to copy an event so that I can schedule a similar event on another day and time without having to reenter the entire listing.
    - I would like to see a calendar selector for choosing the date of an event. It's not always easy to know the day of the week of a particular date using that slot machine scroll thingy.
    - Still needs a better month view. Still have to use a patch to see all-day events and colors don't show up in the all-calendar view. When you select a particular calendar to view, it highlights those events with its color. Why not use all the colors in the all-calendar view. Maybe there could be a patch for that? The week view could be better, but at least you have the color reference there.

It took pimlico to make the palmOS calendar as strong as it was. They have said they are not interested in webOS, but I think it is going to take a third party to finally make the webOS calendar all that it should be.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'd like to be able to send appointments to other people's calendars, like you can do in Outlook and Google Calendars.
    OMG ... Over the years I have used and loved many different Palm devices, all with various different operating systems. The one thing I loved most about these Palm products was the calendar. Therefore, when I purchased the Palm Pre I thought the love would continue. It has not. Why? ďBecause of the calendar, thatís why. My personal needs for the calendar on my Palm Pre are somewhat basic. I simply need the device to notify me at least a week in advance as to when I have an appointment scheduled. Thatís it. Currently, the Palm Preís calendar is only capable of providing up to one day advance notice for any scheduled appointments. Am I missing something? Iím not the most savvy cell phone user. But, in the past Iíve always been able to figure out the calendar functions on my other Palm devices on my own. Therefore, I ask, is this a shortcoming of the new Palm Pre Web OS calendar or am I simply just missing something? Does the calendar on the Palm Pre have the capability to give more advanced notice than just one day? If yes, someone please explain how I can make this setting happen.

Other than the above complaint I love this phone and would hate to give it up because of the calendar. Thanks for your help or comments.
    biggest change is the speed.
  6.    #6  
    WE need to keep pushing for either of the two:
    1. Palm finally sits down and comes to an agreement for dateBK 5 & 6
    OR
    2. Palm copies dateBK 5 & 6 as much as possible!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I need the option to delete series from this point forward!
    If you want to delete or change a reoccurring event and you choose "delete series" it deletes forwards and backwards. You can not delete series from a given start point like you can on google. This is extremely annoying if you need to keep a record of ongoing events past for say... billing or just to have a record. If I do it in google the correct info does not show up on pre.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    My biggest calendar complaint is not being able to see color coded all day events. Even with a patch, it just shades it. When I chose the pre, I hoped it would be as good as previous Palm devices + utilize synergy. It's not a deal breaker, by any means, just annoying. I love My Pre!
    I too miss the color codes on Month View! I use the "open to month view" patch and those little gray boxes aren't much help!

Why is it we can get amazing graphics on 3D games, but one of the main features of the Pre is in all in gray?
    Quote Originally Posted by zsilverfish View Post
    ...I simply need the device to notify me at least a week in advance as to when I have an appointment scheduled. Thatís it. Currently, the Palm Preís calendar is only capable of providing up to one day advance notice for any scheduled appointments. Am I missing something?
    I get around this limitation by using Google Calendar. You can set the alert for as long in advance as you wish.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Was really hoping that in 1.4 for the week view they added more hours of the day to the key on the left on side. Mine only list, 11, 12 and then 9. From 12 to 9, I have no dea what time my event is. Why can't they dispaly every hour of the day?!?!?!? its a guessign gmae rigth now, or i have to click on it. I just want to look at my week view and let some one know what times i'm free. My blackberry Pearl with a screen half the size, has a horizontal line for each hour of theday. If some one creates a patch for this I would be ever so greatfull and would pay for it!!

-Harris
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    What I miss most is the concept of a "no time" event. If I want to put something in my calendar where I don't know the time for it yet, or just a "note" for the day, I used to be able to do a "no time" event on my Treo. Instead now I have to make it an "all day" event and have the day shaded completely in month view.

Though, considering that doesn't seem to be an option on Google Calendar (where I've moved my calendars) either , I think I'm just SOL.
    I would like the full event entry page (the one that opens when you hit the (i) to the right) to open when I start a new event. That would save a click for me.

I would also like them to include the calendar events in universal search.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    WE need to keep pushing for either of the two:
    1. Palm finally sits down and comes to an agreement for dateBK 5 & 6
    OR
    2. Palm copies dateBK 5 & 6 as much as possible!
    YESSSS re: datebk being great. I can't believe we don't have a snooze option other than 5 min, and that a patch is needed to extend the reminder time options more than a basic few.