1.    #1  
    I am on my 2nd Pre, and all the issues I had with my 1st seem to be absent....except my signal.

I can go from 5 bars to 0 without even moving the phone at my house, and it happens alot. Is it normal for the signal to jump around alot?

Any suggestions, or anyone else having signal issues? There isn't anything in my home that could be conflicting with the signal is there?

My first pre never had this issue. It would always show a full signal, but sometimes I could not make/receive calls or text. So I'm wondering if my first pre reported a false full signal when it was not getting a signal at all. It had so many hardware issues that giving a false signal would not surprise me.

I have had Verizon for years and I've never had a signal issue at my home.

Also, I've noticed that I used to have an EV logo, but now it says 3g. Is this from the 1.4 update, and is this a bad thing?
    The Pre has always had signal issues. If you look around enough you can find tons of threads on signal issues. Thankfully on Sprint there's the Airave which routes signal through VoIP over the internet. But other than that, I cannot vouch for signal on Verizon. Verizon changed the EV to 3G in the latest patch because some users did not know that the EV stood for EV-DO which is their 3G data network. It's the same thing as the EV icon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dootie Fresh View Post

I can go from 5 bars to 0 without even moving the phone at my house, and it happens alot. Is it normal for the signal to jump around alot?
    FWIW .... my Verizon Pixi+ does the same thing. The bars are all over the place. Our other phones on VZ do not do this.